“Cozy atmosphere with superb food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Osteria Via Stato

Osteria Via Stato
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria Via Stato is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 9,495 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Ontario
Transit: CTA bus stop at Ontario & State, Grand - Red Line, River North
Description: (OH-STEH-REE-YAH) A casual Italian tavern where people gather to enjoy antipasti with wine, a plate of pasta or an Italian feast, all served with the warmth and hospitality of family. Osteria Via Stato, a Lettuce Entertain You restaurant follows this definition and the Italian tradition of seasonally prepared dishes featuring local ingredients and artisanal producers paired with an all Italian wine list. Osteria Via Stato opens daily at five. Pizzeria Via Stato located adjacent to Osteria Via Stato is a cozy, Roman-style pizzeria that continues to highlight Executive Chef Digregorio’s passion for market-fresh ingredients. The tavern pizzas have crispy, thin crust with both artisanal and classic toppings. The tavern also features 300 Italian wines, local bottles and draft beers as well as an extensive selection of small plates. Pizzeria Via Stato offers both lunch and dinner
Madison
“Cozy atmosphere with superb food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

I took my family here for a late lunch and wasn't disappointed. The atmosphere was intimate and warm, the food was perfectly prepared and reasonably priced, and the wait staff was friendly, helpful, and prompt. The meatballs (appetizer) were some of the best I've ever had. Will certainly be returning in the future.

• Turkish first
Nashville, Tennessee
“Excellent restaurant, Food had home made flavor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Excellent meal. Food was upscale yet had that cozy cooked at home flavor. I enjoyed the Short rib and it was so tender no knife was necessary. Delicious veal meatball appetizer and sweet onions.
Would definitely go again. Very relaxed atmosphere.

• Visited November 2013
Royal Oak
“Great Food, really easy carry out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

This restaurant is in the ground floor of the Embassy Suites, but separate from the hotel. We were staying at the hotel. There was a wait for dinner, so we went down the hallway to the Dutch door onto the kitchen where they take carry out orders. We had our food in minutes and took it up to our suite to eat. Wow, was it good. I had the roasted beet salad and the duck ragu over gnocchi, definitely the fluffiest gnocchi I've ever eaten. My friends who had the chicken mario thought that it was too much of a hunk of meat but really liked their salads. One friend had a BLT and raved about it. Everyone liked their salads. I wouldn't say the menu is cheap but because we got it as take out it was definitely excellent value for the money. I will definitely come back. The service at the carry out window was friendly and speedy.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank MKRoyalOak
“Excellent customer service & food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Great laid back environment to enjoy a meal! The menu offers a lot of variety. I enjoyed being able to try so many things with their sampler plate. Ashley was AMAZING! She made use feel welcome and well taken care of. Her colleague Chad was super too. My initial main course was not cooked to my liking. Chad helped me, Ashley followed through to acknowledge my problem and check in to be sure I was okay, the manager brought my new dish...again to check in/apologize and ensure I was ok...THEN...at the end of the meal was brought complimentary dessert. It was outstanding to see how well they worked as a team and were globally invested in my experience there. I worked for years in the food service industry and get it. I highly recommend you check this place out!

1 Thank kctravel11
“Can't go wrong”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Great food and service. Love this place and come here every time I am in Chicago. You can go with family style dining or individual entrees. There is a reason this place has been around a while. Never disappoints!

Visited November 2013