“An experience you will remember”
Review of Alinea

Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Delicious, beautiful food served in the most unusual dishes by the funkiest and most attentative waitstaff. Once you've taken the Alinea dive, splurge for the wine pairing. The experience is memorable and worth every penny.

1  Thank adamjared
Write a ReviewReviews (1,252)

Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

Unique experience with variety of tastes. Having been to Noma a few years ago, Alinea tries very hard. Would have preferred same service waiter for the experience.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Alinea has changed the fine dining scene around the world!
From start to end a dramatic experience with own design serving wear, interesting flavour combinations and great service. Enter the world of Alinea!

1  Thank StephanZoisl
Reviewed September 4, 2012

All the food are prepared at the highest quality. Some dishes are so fun to eat and so beautifully decorated. All the food tastes good. Most of the dishes are so full of different flavor. Just a ted salty sometimes in certain dishes. The best one is the final desert, which is an art prepared in front of you. A must try if you can afford it and have time to make reservation.

1  Thank Stanley A
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I'm a fickle foodie and have had the good fortune of having friends who are ABSOLUTE foodies and like to drag me into places that I wouldn't consider or necessarily consider yet. Alinea is one of those places I think I would have considered later on in my life being in my 20s, but I'm glad I went. I've had fine dining before--but I found it tedious and pretty straight forward. With Alinea--the presentation is so experiential and fascinating it didn't drag on as long as most of my other fine dining experiences. Apple candy ballons filled with helium anyone? Then talking with a super high squeaky voice. I found that fun because it was the most whimsical part of the dinner. It is expensive--we didn't do wine pairing, but had the champagne appetizer and a glass of red wine and that set us back about $330 which was expected. I give it 4 stars because while the experience and service is amazing--I found it annoying since I have a seafood allergy they just replaced any seafood with tofu...boring! Been there, done that--was expecting more!!

The servers were nice enough but don't try to engage them with a joke or anything really. They're a tough crowd. I think it's because they are in work mode, but it would be nice to have a human serve you and not a robot with a script.

1  Thank Peonyc

Been to Alinea? Share your experiences!