“Worth the wait in line to see the views”
Review of Signature Lounge

Chicago CityPASS
Ranked #9 of 557 Nightlife in Chicago
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Worth the wait in line to see the views”
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

When we got to the elevator to up to the lounge there was a very long line to go up. I think we waited perhaps 45 to 55 min to go up, but when we did the the views were definitely worth it. Drinks were about $16 after tip and tax, but very tasty too! Worth the wait!

1 Thank diveinstructor

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Amazing views!”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We didnt come for the restaurant or the bar - just the view and it didnt disapoint!!

Get a drink, sit back and take in the amazing views - you will not be disapointed!!!!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Business T
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Doesn't deliver on the hype”
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

The drinks were ok. The app selection was tiny and expensive. We got the spinach artichoke dip (not good) and the Brie ($15) was good. They were both served with club crackers. Lol club crackers for a )$15 app.

The view was nice but for me was not worth it.

1 Thank HappyHolekampers
Chicago
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Great view and good drinks”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

This lounge has some of the best seats in the city! This is the lounge, not the restaurant. If you want to go up the Hancock and want to save a few bucks, go to the Lounge rather than paying the almost $20 fee to visit the observatory.

Go early to avoid waiting in lines. We went mid-afternoon to the Signature Lounge. We had a 5 minute wait for an elevator and an additional 5 - 10 minute wait in the line to get into the lounge. By the time we left the lines had grown to a ridiculous length (I wouldn't wait in those lines!) to get into the lounge and up the elevator. We also waited in a line to get onto an elevator to go down.

You will be seated once a table is open (most likely not at a window table). We were initially sat at a table away from the windows, however as soon as we sat down one of the window tables opened up. I ran over to the waitress for that table and requested the table; we got the table next to the window! The view was amazing! Do not be shy to request to be moved to an open table if you are sat at a less desirable table.

The drinks are EXPENSIVE! The average drinks are $10 - $15. The martinis are good. I picked a few drinks with good descriptions and had our waitress pick her favorite from my selection to order for me. I was not disappointed in her choice! One of our party had an alcoholic free strawberry smoothie. He said it was enjoyable.

Ladies, do use the restroom. The east wall of the restroom is floor to ceiling windows! Gentlemen, sorry, you do not have a view to enjoy in your restroom. The bathrooms are ok, there is nothing special about the actual restroom amenities besides the windows in the ladies room.

Additional comments...
- There is no dress code.
- This place is not as elegant as I expected. The furniture is standard bar furniture to handle abuse from a lot of traffic.
- The waitress was SO NICE!!! She encouraged us to stay and enjoy the view even AFTER bringing us our check. She brought us water and promised to continue filling the water for as long as we wanted to stay.
- The host seemed a bit stressed out and was not personable. I can imagine that position does take very good people skills as it is dealing with people who all want the same tables... he must be asked the same questions over and over! He was not rude, however I would have preferred a smiling friendly face to welcome us to the lounge.
- The elevators are huge and on the slow side. Do not be afraid to pack in!
- Take your camera to capture the views!

Visited January 2013
Bucharest, Romania
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“the best drink up in the sky!”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

It's a very spectacular place. Even if you are enjoying a good drink at the lounge or having a very good dinner down in the restaurant you will have a good time. This summer I was twice in Chicago and I went twice here with some friends to have a drink. After the Willis tower here you can enjoy a very nice view and the cool thing is the fact that is free to get up here.
I recommend this place if you only want to get a view or if you would like a drink and also for romantic dinners.

Visited June 2012