“Nutcracker was outstanding!”

Joffrey Ballet of Chicago
Ranked #66 of 643 things to do in Chicago
Reviewed December 8, 2014

Talent at its very best. Such a delight to watch and the theatre backdrop was spectacular. It is such a treat to see talent from all over the globe in one location.

All reviews
"backdrop"
"cast"
"viewing"

Reviewed November 27, 2014

Every since the Joffrey relocated to Chicago from New York they've been a treasure to this city. Recently saw their production of Swan Lake and was blown away by the precision of the corps de ballet - as good as any major company in the world. See them do whatever they are performing when in Chicago

Reviewed November 9, 2014

Elegant, silken choreography, fresh version of a beloved story, dancers at the top of their careers: this was the wonder that was Swan Lake at the Auditorium Theater. Pay extra for centre orchestra seats not too far back, and indulge yourself in magic. The surprise? I am not a regular ballet goer. My friend, who loves the ballet, says it was one of the best she's ever seen. And I, who attend ballet seldom, am forever changed by this performance. I will seek out ballet now, when I am in a city where the troupe is considered outstanding. And that's high praise!

Reviewed October 23, 2014

My wife and I live in Cleveland and we lost our Ballet company some time ago. That means we usually have to travel to NYC, Washington DC or Chicago to see ballet. We have seen many of the top Ballet companies (Bolshoi, Mariinsky, ABT, NYCB, etc.) and always find the Joffrey to be on the same level. The recent "Swan Lake" was spectacular, but my favorite is when they do "The Rite of Spring." It is amazing. Great dancers, choreography and live music. Tough to beat.

1  Thank Dale L