“Not your Grandma's Ballet”

Joffrey Ballet of Chicago
Ranked #104 of 656 things to do in Chicago
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was lucky to get some tickets to Joffrey Ballet's last performance of the season, Othello. This was my first true ballet experience as an adult and I must say I was blown away. The Joffrey home is the Auditorium Theater, one of the most stunningly ornate and beautiful theaters in the country. It has the feel of a 19th century opera house. The orchestra a first rate; not CSO but no doubt filled will CSO musicians. The production values were dramatic and sophisticated. All this with acting and dance movement that was hypnotic and precise. I was truly surprised at the quality of the production and how much I loved it . Bravo to Joffrey!

There are newer reviews for Joffrey Ballet of Chicago

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Whenever we are in Chicago we try to get tickets to the Joffrey Ballet.

Coming from Winnipeg, home of the Royal Winnipeg Ballet, we have expectations of artistry and professionalism when watching a ballet performance. The Joffrey Ballet never disappoints. They dance in one of the most beautiful auditoriums in North America, the Auditorium Theatre.

We most recently saw "Othello" and enjoyed it as we always do when we visit.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

As a season subscriber, just went to their winter performance at the gorgeous Auditorium Theater. The performance was wonderful. They do a season of classical ballet, modern pieces and longer classical ballets also. They are the best!!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was a first time for everyone in our party to attend a real, genuine ballet. It was better than any of us in our family expected. Everyone in attendance at the ballet enjoyed it apparently as much as we did, because there were numerous ovations after every dance performance. I would hightly recommend your attending this enjoyable entertainment while it is available.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I have previously attended the Joffrey Ballet in Chicago. Most recently, I attended the ballet to see American Legends. The ballet is superb - the ambiance, the dancing, the musicianship, the......art! You can buy seats as low as 35$ that are still wonderful seats, as the Auditorium Theater is smaller than other Chicago Theaters. I would highly recommend this activity. There is the bus/train/metra, or you can park. See the Internet for details on where to park and for parking coupons (Joffrey will also send this information to you in email form before the event. I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!