“Expensive”

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Expensive”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I am from NY so I know alot about costly clubs. This palce had a huge line on a friday night. We decided to leave and the bouncer offerd us 10.00 per person to get in if we "took care" of the doorman. We did and it costs 5 of us 70.00 to enter. Upon entering you had a mandatory coat check of 3.00. Most people were dressed up. They bottle services prices was weird. They offered us 15.00 for a bottle of Ciroc, 200.00 for a bottle fo Jack Daniles, 250.00 for a bottle of bacardi rum and 15.00 for 1/5 of patron. The Only way you could sit was to buy bottle service. We opted out (since all 5 of us drink diffrent alcohols) and each drink was abot 10.00 per person.The music was old skool 90's hip hop and the crowd was fun chill. The bathrooms had attendents and were clean. The door man stamped out hand on arrival and shared we can go in and out as we please. We tried to go out 3 times to smoke a ciggarette andwere denied. one time they said we had to wiat for the crowd to die down outside(understandable) the second time they said we had to pay cover and wait in line to get back in(what? the bouncer specifically said we can come and go as we please) Then the third time he said the ladies can go outside but not the men. (at this point we left anyway) Overall the vibe and music were good bu tthe staff were not.

Visited November 2012

Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Cool, unpretentious fun!”
Reviewed May 18, 2011

I didn't have high expectations of Funky since I've read more than few negative reviews but the place is actually pretty cool and I'm for sure going back again!

It was a Saturday night, we got there around ten and didn't have to pay the scary cover charge everyone is talking about.

Got a table just fine, not over crowded at all. We stayed there till they closed so I assure you there is always extra space at the bar/lounge area if you wanted to take a break from dancing which mostly takes place in a room next to the bar/lounge.

DJ was pretty awesome. Top40 stuff with an emphasis on hip hop.

As many mentioned, the place has a great mix of unpretentious crowd, having a good time.

Overall, it was a great time with no complaints at all! 4* because when I hovered over 5* it said "as good as it gets" and I believe that they might be lacking just a teeny tiny bit in overall "mood" of the dance floor. I would give it 4.5*s if I could. That aside, I know I'll be going there again and again and again!

One more thing, for the love of humanity, please wear deodorant if you're planning on dancing...in fact if you're planning on leaving your house, please wear deodorant.

Visited February 2011