“Don't miss this gem!”

Chicago Shakespeare Theater on Navy Pier
Ranked #13 of 183 Concerts & Shows in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Recipient of the Regional Theatre Tony Award, Chicago Shakespeare Theater offers a broad spectrum of theatrical experiences year-round, engaging and entertaining audiences from all walks of life and from around the world.
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Service was marvelous. Seats are comfortable with a great view of the stage. Show (shrek) was fabulous! The actors afterwards were kind and gracious. Hoping to visit again and again!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We loved seeing Shrek at the Shakespeare Theater on Navy Pier. Frankly, we thought for only $25, we'd give it a try, but weren't expecting much :) Well much to our surprise, it was amazing -- high quality. The props, stage, costumes were professional and the actors, singing and band were incredible!!! The theater seating is in a U shape around the stage. We sat in the balcony on the right side and I was worried that we wouldn't be able to view much of the production, but we saw everything. For once the theater wasn't too chilly for me and the seats were also comfortable. If I'm ever in Chicago again, I would definitely consider going to the Shakespeare Theater.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

If you are in Chicago, see a play here. Upstairs or downstairs performances are world class, whether or not it's Shakespeare or not. I have seen 3, and I am always pleased and sufficiently entertained. Validated parking and discount available. See their website.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Everything was simply excellent!! What a wonderful production and amazing actors. This musical is hilarious, tender and super fun!! I will watch it again for sure!! Children will love it as much as adults.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The theater has nice productions, and the setting on the pier is convenient and fun. You can grab dinner on the pier, too, for a relaxing evening.