“Amateur stylist”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Art & Science Salons
Reviewed April 28, 2008

My husband and I were in Chicago for five days on business. I decided to cut my long hair short again when I saw someone in a store whose haircut I loved. She told me that she had it cut a Art & Science and the stylist's name is Jason. I made an appointment the very next day. Even though I had an appointmnet I still had to wait at least 15 to 20 minutes. I told Jason how I wanted my hair cut, he insisted he knew what was best for me, After he was done, I told him that it was still to long and I wanted more layers. He argued with me saying that I needed to live with this cut for a few days and then come back if I did not like it. I told him that I was leaving the next day and I did not want to pay to get it re-cut again at home. He said that he would not change the cut because he liked it! I don't know if he was runnin behind or that he just did not care because I was just a visitor. I have never had such a bad experience in a hair salon in my life such as this one. This stylist needs not only to be trained in customer service skills but needs a refresher course in hair cutting!! If you must frequent this salon, do not have Jason as your stylist!

1  Thank Tom_Charlotte
Reviewed December 16, 2005

i'd been to tons of salons in chicago before i finally found this gem. these guys really know how to cut and color hair. i've tried three of their cutters and two of the colorists and loved the results each time. the atmosphere is comfy and theres none of the snoby pretense you find at most upscale salons. one of my stylists left and went to a place called "c salon" so i thought i'd give it a try, BIG MISTAKE , it was awefull and for some reason she didn't seem to care as much (the boss at art + science must be big on quality control), so its back to art + science for me.

4  Thank divenuts