“What a great night!”
Review of Back Room

Back Room
Ranked #48 of 570 Nightlife in Chicago
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We had been to the Backroom a few years ago and loved it. They have a new location now and again, we had a great time. We went on a Sunday evening and had a blast listening and dancing with Skinny Williams and his band. I think it was the highlight of our weekend.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

The Backroom is a connoisseur spot. If you like good music go there and put up with the fact that it is a jazz bar so it might not be the nightclub you are waiting but then again if you are for the music that shouldn't matter right?

The service is good i mean not the best but we had no problems at all. The drinks were delicious and for a nice night out for good jazz and booze 70 dlls seems pretty fair to me.

The music is great and the performers are real showmen and musicians. I loved it!!!

Keep it up guys.

jp

Thank J. Pablo R
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We were walking around and saw this guy inviting us to go inside and enjoy the music.
1) the songs sounds to me all the same
2) the menu is really limited to a couple of items
3) you have to pay $20 a person just to get in
4) you are forced to have 2 drinks per person otherwise they will charge you $5 a drink anyway
5) they made a mistake with the bill charging us an extra beer
6) the food was really salty
7) they pushed u during the show to have another drink
8)20% tips is included in the bill no matter how many people u are!!!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Ordered a gin and tonic.
Gave bartender $50.
She gave me back 5 $1's and a $5.
I told her I gave her a $50.
She said sorry and gave me back $40.
This means that if she thought that I gave her a $10 and the drink cost $10 then I receive nothing back.
Basic math.
She was obviously lying and this establishment steals from it's customers read the other reviews. Others have had the same experience.
Don't go there.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Very nice place to visit. If you like Jazz and R&B then tis is a nice place to visit. Proper attire is a must and just an overall nice place to go.