“Fatastically Wicked good time”
Review of Oriental Theatre

Oriental Theatre
Ranked #53 of 681 things to do in Chicago
More attraction details
Owner description: Broadway In Chicago was created in July 2000 and over the past 17 years has grown to be one of the largest commercial touring homes in the country. A Nederlander Presentation, Broadway In Chicago lights up the Chicago Theater District entertaining up to 1.7 million people annually in five theatres. Broadway In Chicago presents a full range of entertainment, including musicals and plays, on the stages of five of the finest theatres in Chicago's Loop including the Cadillac Palace Theatre, CIBC Theatre, Oriental Theatre, and the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University and just off the Magnificent Mile, the Broadway Playhouse at Water Tower Place.
Reviewed December 7, 2013

What is not to love about this extraordinary show. The story-line and stage were incredible, but the performers were simply as good as it gets.

Wicked the play was a blast - strongly recommend it. I'll leave more detailed reviews to others, as I'm sure they'll do a better job of describing what to expect. The theater was beautiful, and quite comfortable compared to a lot of theaters I've been in for plays.

We paid quite a bit for our tickets, and seats were in a back corner, but good view of the stage - just something tells me we could have found tickets for a better value somehow.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

My sister from Denver and I (from New York) met in Chicago for the purpose of rest and recreation. We won the ticket lottery at Block 37 Mall, so were able to enjoy front row seats for "Wicked" which was phenomenal! Equally as talented as the Broadway cast! The decor was spectacular, staff was very friendly, location was convenient. We had a fabulous time!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Recently saw "Wicked" here, & you have to see it to understand the 'phenomenon" that the show is! The cast was superb, & I had a great seat to enjoy the show, as well as see what a great place the "Oriental" theatre is-it was my first visit there!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We saw "Wicked" here on a Thursday evening. The theater is a beautiful old movie theater, now being used for live performances. We sat in the third row of the "loge" section of the balcony, and found our seats to be a perfect combination of price and location. Our view of the show was unobstructed and close enough to see the performance perfectly. The seats are small, and the rows close together, no doubt because of the era this theater was built.

"Wicked" was an excellent show, and a different take on the "Oz" story. Very enjoyable evening.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

This show and theature was so amazing that I'm really having trouble putting it into words. This performance and venue was one of the top 3 most favorite things I have ever attended to seen in my life! My 7 & 9 year old girls absolutely loved it. The cast is amazing. We had orchestra section seats in row L and felt like we were on the stage. If you have a chance, DO NOT MISS this show. I would definitely try to get floor seats and I don't normally recommend that. This theature's architecture is very historic and rich. We had an amazing night!

Been to Oriental Theatre? Share your experiences!