Open today: 6:30 AM - 7:00 PM

from $26.10
from $51.00
from $330.00
1,103 results
All reviews attend mass awe inspiring organ catholic priest worship prayer homily architecture cardinal crucifix reverence downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed September 18, 2017

We visit Cathedrals where ever we go. I own and operate a stained glass studio so that aspect compels me to put beautiful places like this on the itinerary. Chicago is known for its architectural gems and this Cathedral fits right in.

It is an excellent example of this type of design.The craftsmanship and artistry at Holy Name are first Class. The stained glass, the stonework, and the interior adornments all tastefully add to the sense of place time and purpose this building was created for.

Reviewed September 14, 2017

Definitely worth a short visit, irrespective of your religious beliefs. Quiet, peaceful and rejuvenating. Beautiful Gothic architecture!

Reviewed September 13, 2017

This church has so much history from all the gangsters that have shot up this place, to the pope's and bishops that have walked through this. In the heart of downtown Chicago, worth taking a tour.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed September 10, 2017

Actually, we were lost while looking for a place to eat. All of a sudden, we could see the two tall steeples as we drove through what the movies refer to as the "Projects". Still, we had to park the car and get out and visit this wonderful piece of reverent history. Initially, as Southern Baptist, we felt out of place but those feelings departed and there was a feeling of comfort almost immediately. Should you be traveling through Chicago, take the time to visit this wonderful place.

Reviewed September 6, 2017

This is The Cathedral in my estimation. It is always a pleasure to see a church that brings me back to my childhood. The smell of beeswax candles, dim lighting and incense permeated into the atmosphere adds to the spiritual setting. I always feel better even if I am there for just a few minutes. Sometimes you can get a glimpse of the Cardinal if you are lucky.

Date of experience: June 2017