“Its a beautiful and historic house of God!”

Holy Name Cathedral
and up
Italian Food Tour Of Chicago
Ranked #21 of 657 things to do in Chicago
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Definitely smaller than I had imagined when I was young and heard-CATHEDRAL! But this church has a beauty all its own. I am fortunate and blessed to take part in an annual pilgrimage to churches through out Chicago and the suburbs and it is definitely worth your time to visit this and ALL the magnificent monuments to our Lord that we are blessed to have in our city. Holy Name is a beautiful and historic house of God! What more can I say?

There are newer reviews for Holy Name Cathedral

Reviewed December 11, 2012

A beautiful Cathedral and very well worth a visit. The last time I was in Chicago the cathedral was undergoing renovations and I must say it looks absolutely fantastic. It is a bout a twenty minute walk from the Palmer House Hilton Hotel at the junction with Superior Street/State Street.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The cathedral is one of the places one should see on a trip to Chicago. It is beautiful inside and has a history as glamourous. The hats of all the cardinals that have passed are hung high in the cathedral.

1  Thank trenlaur
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

This is a stunning church. We attended 8.15 mass on Sunday 9th Dec. I was surprised at how full it was so early on Sunday ( we were jet lagged & up since 05.00). The building is so impressive, both internally & internally. The marble columns & the timber ceilings are stunning

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Went for Mass for the Feast of the Immaculate Conception on Saturday at 12:10. This is a really big more modern architectures. The congregation was of every race and nationality.