“The iconic chicago river view!”

Smith & Wollensky - Chicago
Reserve with OpenTable
Smith & Wollensky - Chicago is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: North Bank of Chicago River
Transit: State/Lake, Grand
Description: The ultimate steakhouse in the city that knows its steak. Adjacent to the Loop on bustling State Street, our Chicago location offers an impressive view of the Chicago River and features a large outdoor patio open during pleasant weather, spring through fall. Enjoy turn-of-the-century décor, and ample space for private events. For more casual fare or a relaxing cocktail hour, visit Wollensky’s Grill on the lower floor. Tours of the dry-aging room and on-site butcher shop may be arranged by special request.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

What I remember as much as the delicious meal, were the views, over looking the water taxis and chicago riverfront. Such a great experience!

There are newer reviews for Smith & Wollensky - Chicago

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We recently had an evening meal for two here. The service for both food and wine was really great. The portions were huge so we were here a while and did not feel rushed - the waiter was accommodating. Sadly the weather wasn't great for our visit but there is a huge terrace for lovely sunny days.

Go at once!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had a late reservation around 10pm for a party of 12. We had a table next to a window overlooking the Chicago River. The food was amazing, the service was incredible and the atmosphere was electric. I was single at the time and enjoyed the experience considerably. I hope to be back next year. The restaurant is well equipped to handle large groups. The staff was very polite.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

On a recent visit we noticed, just by chance, when we were to pay the bill that they already had
added 18-20 % service charge. Had we not noticed that we would have paid another ~18% in tip. When we made the waiter aware of this he said that the computer randomly put the service charge on. When I told him I had never heard of that at any restaurant he had no explanation. I called for the Maitre'd who just said it was a mistake. Then the waiter said that another table had asked him to put the service charge on the check and he by mistake had put it on ours (his story changed quickly!) The Maitre'd again just said it was a mistake and none of them apologized. As we had visitors from Europe with us (we were two couples) we spoke another language than English at the table. Was it because they thought we were tourists? (we are American citizens since many, many years)

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Around the corner from The Wit hotel we noticed this attractive restaurant on the water. The warm sunshine made our decision easy to sit outside. The wait staff was excellent, very attentive and caring (I had hung my purse on the outside of my chair - due to a public pathway along the river it was suggested I place it on the chair next to me. I appreciated that.) The Heirloom Tomatoes and Mozzarella cheese was superior. Large portion so we shared. I had the salmon with risotto and my husband had a filt mignon au poivre which he said was excellent. We lingered over an apple strudel pastry and coffee. We were still talking about the meal the next day which is always a good sign! The setting and views were perfect.

Been to Smith & Wollensky - Chicago? Share your experiences!