“Very Entertaining ”

Royal George Theater
Ranked #20 of 580 Nightlife in Chicago
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

We saw Late Nite Catechism at the Royal George. We had a very nice time. Your seats in a replica Catholic classroom from the 60s. A nun walks you through Catholic traditions and adds a bunch of comedy in between. Especially entertaining if you went to Catholic school but fun for all.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"stage"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed May 21, 2018

This is a must see for those of you who attended Catholic schools, especially during the fifties and sixties. We pretty much laughed from start to finish and it was all in fun with great audience participation. There were only ten of us so it ended up being more like hanging out with friends than being in an audience. Our "teacher" was fantastic and led us through the evening with verve and humor. We had a blast!

1  Thank janice r
Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

This show is fantastic!!! We went to the 2pm show and laughed for two hours. It’s fun, interactive, and definitely worth seeing! Even if your not Catholic..if you just have a Catholic friend. Very well done. There is a parking garage just across the street and tons of great restaurants walking distance from the theater. Just go!

Reviewed March 4, 2018

My wife is south side Irish Catholic and I am protestant. I was always fascinated about the stories of her upbringing in the parochial school system. She took me here for my birthday and it was an awesome present. This captures all those moments in a hilarious performance by sister Mary. It was 2 hours of belly laugh fun. As a protestant, not only did I learn something, but was thoroughly entertained. The venue is small and intimate. It is interactive, so be prepared. I only state this because I had a recent hip replacement. There were a lot of stairs and I didn't see any handicap provisions, but it did not deter from the fun.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had a great time at the play. “Sister” did a great job. This is an audience participation play so come ready. Her memory is amazing and she really made the experience a great one. I went to Catholic school, but my wife did not. We both enjoyed it and sister made it very funny. My only wish is that I had come with my family. I am sure she would have insulted a few for the benefit of many.