“Nice people, Great lunch food!”
Review of The Motel Bar

Ranked #317 of 563 Nightlife in Chicago
Chicago, Illinois
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“Nice people, Great lunch food!”
Reviewed November 3, 2011

This place is very nice for lunch. The staff is very "Chicago" friendly and the food is great. I ate here about 10 times and food was always good. My favorite was the cheese burger and fries. If you are in the area...stop by for a beer and a burger.

Visited October 2011

Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Patio is goodtimes!”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I don't know about the indoor part of the bar, but the patio in the summer was goodtimes! Got in from LA on Friday afternoon, hit up the patio for a few drinks with my buddy. Place was going off! Seemed like a nice crowd, and we keep sipping on cold beers for an hour or so.

My friend is a local and said it never is going off like that, but hey, guess we hit it at the right time. Waitress waw alittle overworked, but keep our drinks coming. Had a few tacos which were pretty good.

Just keep your expectations in check -- it is a "motel" bar -- we aren't talking the Four Seasons or Waldorf Astoria but that was the appeal! Just chill and relax in the vinyl chairs at fiberglass patio tables!

Visited July 2011
1 Thank the3answer
Lakeview
“skip this dump”
Reviewed April 16, 2009

I would skip this place for a meal. The food is poor quality and over priced. The staff is indifferent and inhelpful. Last time I went in for lunch waited 1 hour, kitchen brought out the wrong food and acted as if irt was my fault. this place is a dump!

Been to The Motel Bar? Share your experiences!