“An Interesting Establishment”

Dining options: Late Night
Clairton, Pennsylvania
“An Interesting Establishment”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

You get all the feel of a classic pub, hard wood and brick, lots of taps and bottles to choose from, friendly service. The one thing that people might find intimidating would be the food menu. It is not typical bar fare, but color me crazy, I liked what I saw on the menu. I sampled the Pork Belly and Endive salad, very tasty.

• Visited February 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Great bar but not a huge fan of the food”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Hopleaf has been around for a very long time and is a mainstay bar in the Andersonville neighborhood. The beer selection is amazing but the original front bar is not very large and fills up quickly so it can be hard to find a seat. But if you are there on a weeknight when the restaurant is not so busy you can probably find a seat in the back or off to the side area. The food is good but it is a bit shi shi for my taste as everything is a little bit fancy for what I consider bar food. For instance you can't get a hamburger but you can get duck. But as a plus if you are bringing your girlfriend she will have no problem finding something on the menu to eat.

• Visited February 2013
Belgium, Wisconsin
“A Hoppy Hipster Hideout!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Visiting Chicago and on a recommendation from a friend was told this is one of the go-to places for beer lovers. It was busy when we arrived for dinner on a Sunday evening. As for the experience: The service was good and the beer was great! I had the organic brisket which was a bit out of my box but a decent choice. Washed it down with a Zombie Dust IPA. For desert I had an excellent coffee stout. My one gripe is that they don't do beer flights. In a place with such an extensive and wonderful beer list it is a shame this is not an option.

• Visited November 2012
Louisville, Kentucky
“Pretty great.”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Lots of beer choices, great appetizers (we had the frites and duck sausage, both were excellent but the duck sausage is a MUST) and excellent entrees. Most everyone in our group of 6 enjoyed their food, drinks, and the service. I had Wild Boar Loin ($22) and practically licked my plate clean. Just be careful ordering frites as an app as many of the dishes come with them anyway, we had piles of leftover frites on our table. I think it's a great spot for drinks and friends or even a family meal, but I'd go elsewhere for a nice date at this price point.

Visited January 2013
West Dundee, Illinois
“Delicious!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I am not a beer drinker but my husband and daughters are and this is a place in Andersonville that deserves 5 stars! The food is excellent and so many wonderful choices in beers. I had the mussels (OMG!) and have also had the CB&J (home-made cashew butter, fig jam and morbier cheese pan-fried on sourdough bread and served with stilton mac and cheese). Absolutely delicious! They have recently added more seating but our favorite place to sit is in the back by the fire. Ah-h-h-h.....

• Visited December 2012