“Stanley cup final at the Blue Frog”

Blue Frog's Local 22
Ranked #1,074 of 9,899 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Description: Blue Frog’s Local 22 serves Chicago’s best burgers and beer. We offer local draft beers and have a spectacular menu of burgers, sandwiches, wings, and more.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I was staying at a nearby hotel and the waiter in the restaurant recommended the place. Stopped in two nights, one of which I watched LA beat the Rangers in game 3. Sat at the bar and the bartenders were friendly and efficient. The great thing about this place was the awesome selection of local craft brews.

John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Thanks for stopping in on your trip to Chicago! I'm glad to hear you that you enjoyed your visit and the selection of local beers. The next time you're in town, we'd love to have you back!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very friendly atmosphere. Some of the best home made soup I've had! Would definitely come back. Kelly even brought us a sample of soup And had some bread grilled for us!

John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2014

Emily, I'm happy you enjoyed our soup and that Kelly was able to make it even better with some grilled bread. I hope that if you come back, you'll get to try one of our other specialties, like the Maxwell Street Burger. Nothing says yum like a Polish sausage-stuffed burger with gruyere!

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Just a block or two from our hotel we stumbled across Local 22. It was midday on Saturday and we were trying to find our way around Chicago. We decided to try this place out for a midday drink/snack. Upon entering it was pretty quiet so we made out way to the bar for a seat. Lucky us! First of all, the bartenders/staff make you feel welcome right when you walk in. Our bartender Brooke was great. She was easy going and nice to talk to and we felt "local" . We tried the fried mac and cheese (good, but, it is fried)--best thing was the homemade honey mustard. Apparently this place has some pretty good karaoke, but we were there way before the start.
Its a great place to just drop in, have a drink and not feel so "tourist-y"-prices are fair and you don't feel like they are charging you just because you are in Chicago. While we did not eat a full meal here, I wouldn't hesitate to go back for one. When we make it back to the city we will make this one of our stops. Only wish we had picked up an "Are you Local?" t-shirt while we were there!

John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2014

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your experience! We strive to make all our guests feel like locals, and it's great to hear we were on point. (I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to Brooke, too. She'll be thrilled.) The next time you're in Chicago, you know where to find us!

All the best,

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Great selection of draft beer, 20+ on tap. I've stopped at lots of pubs in the areas around downtown Chicago and I'm truly impressed with the variety here. Lots of local varieties and types of beer.

John R, Owner at Blue Frog's Local 22, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Thanks for stopping by. It's great to hear you were impressed with our beer selection. (Local is the name over here—local meats, local produce, local brews.) Hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Upscale pub and grub. It's a bit expensive here more than I would have liked to spend but I knew what I was getting into.

I got the buffalo chicken sandwich and it was good but it was a complete mess. I hate when sandwiches end up being messy. The taste was good and the side salad was fantastic, fresh greens.

The beer on tap is a fair choice for most, however I would have preferred more porters and stouts but that's my preference. The ambience is good, seating is not crowded and the area is pretty expanse.

Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you enjoyed your side salad and the buffalo chicken sandwich itself, but I'm sorry you found it a bit messy. Thanks for the feedback on that, as well as our beer selection. We'll certainly think about adding more stouts and/or porters to the mix.

The next time you're in Chicago, I hope you'll keep us in mind. We'd love another opportunity to impress you.

All the best,