“Better to have your breakfast at Denny's.”
Review of Drake Brothers

Drake Brothers
Reserve with OpenTable
Drake Brothers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #519 of 10,110 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Michigan Avenue
Description: Rich oak wood and verdant greenery set the stage for this classic restaurant perched above the corner of the Magnificent Mile and the Gold Coast, with beautiful panoramic view of lake Michigan and Lake Shore Drive. Here guests enjoy outstanding service for breakfast and lunch 365 days a year.
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ordered "classic" eggs Benedict. I'm not exactly sure what we were served. It was more like eggs over easy plopped on top of bread pudding with a side of wheat toast. It was just weird - and overpriced. Service wasn't great either. We won't go back.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I loved this restaurant. I was seated with a great view of Lake Michigan and a park. It was snowing so it only added to the beauty. I ordered the Eggs Benedict on Crab Cakes. This was absolutly delicious. I was treated with great respect and the atmoshere was perfect for a comfortable start of a new day.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I rarely bother writing reviews anymore, but want to share one of my worst dining experiences in a long time. The Drake is still a nice place to stay and the afternoon tea is something very special in Chicago. But this restaurant was terrible and ended our holiday celebration on a sour note. Despite reservations there was almost a half hour wait to be seated. The front-end staff were mostly absent and there was no one available to check-in with for 10 minutes. Guests were left standing around wondering what to do. When the hostess, Nate, finally did make an appearance she was trying her best to ignore the chaos and the growing number of unhappy guests. It was also clear from the reservations computer that many guests had been seated well before their reservation time, leaving those who had arrived on time to wait, standing, for a table. She then attempted to seat us at a table that bordered the water station on one side. I'm not saying close, I'm saying "bordered" the water station. Obviously the restaurant had allowed itself to be overbooked. When I refused to accept the table she was rude and abandoned us where we stood. Fortunately the manager passed by and was extremely apologetic when told of the problems. The rest of the waitstaff were wonderfully attentive and two of them remarked that things were a little out of control and also apologized for Nate's behavior. The food was really marginal in quality and was not presented well. Serving utensils were often missing and another guest remarked that perhaps he should have brought his own. The final bill was also a surprise. I'm not afraid to spend for good food and service but even at half the price this would not have been a good value. Don't eat here!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

The breakfest buffet is overpriced and below average quality. The only fresh station was an omelet station. The french toast was hard as rocks, the scrambled eggs were rubber, the bacon was not crisp and the french baguettes were stale. They did have a large selection of fresh fruit but at $25 per person I expect a much higher quality and a larger selection of freshly made items like a waffle station or a carving station with ham.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I made a reservation in the Palm court dining room at the fabulous Drake Hotel thinking it would be an experience to remember for Thanksgiving. The food was nothing special but the worst part was the whole atmosphere of the restaurant. The waiters were constantly bringing out rattling trays of dishes I guess for the dessert buffet. You can only imagine the noise it made throughout the restaurant.....the fine restaurant!!! Once would have been too much but it happened three times or more. At the price of $90.00 a person you would just expect more for their NICE RESTAURANT. I am so sorry I didn't have Japanese someplace and have pocketed the money. The woman when we walked up spent five minutes on the phone before we were seated. It was just not a class operation nor was the average food. I say NEVER eat there but stay there and eat in the bar for a quick bite. I do love the hotel!