“Perfect for a Girls' Night Out”
Review of Baton Show Lounge

Baton Show Lounge
Ranked #36 of 563 Nightlife in Chicago
Chicago, Illinois
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Perfect for a Girls' Night Out”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I ended up at The Baton Lounge by accident and loved it so much that I have planned a bachelorette party there next month. And I'm making all the girls wear a colorful wig! The show is entertaining, interactive and the worth a visit. The dancing and singing is legit, these ladies know how to perform. If you have a large group, call ahead and reserve. The sooner you call, the closer your table is to the stage, so don't wait!

Visited February 2012
1 Thank ANG1028

Chicago, IL
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Absolute Garbage!”
Reviewed November 15, 2011

Are you kidding me? This horrible show and the rudeness of the staff might have ruined my weekend if i wasn't attending with delightful girlfriends who shrugged off the ripoff with laughter and Oh Well!" I have been to numerous Female Impersonator Revues at other venues previously, and have enjoyed the fun and illusions. But The Baton show is just disgusting. The place is filthy, for starters. The staff is rude to the max. The show features actual transsexuals, surgically altered men, not traditional impersonators, and that was an unsettling surprise. In the old days the actors were talented actors, with careful attention to their costumes and makeup and skills, but The Baton is a sorry mockup of the great days of such entertainment. There is pathetically terrible acting and arrogant disregard for the fact that they are so awful. The worst part: though claiming to be lipsynching to classics, most never bothered to actually move their lips more than 1/2 the time to create an acceptable illusion, they just walked the stage in their boob-flashing elaborate costumes and horrid makeup to collect dollars (inexplicably donated) from all sides of the stage, ocassionally picking up on the song .The MC is a 450 lb blob of a person who is too hideous to even look at, but also insults patrons as part of the schtick. The crowd was 100% women, about 6 Bachalorette parties, a few birthdays, a divorce celebration, ladies looking for a great time, and it seemed that they were enjoying themselves despite the terrible show, mandatory pricey drink minimum and hateful staff. They didn't seem to mind that the show was a travesty, a ripoff, an insult to those paying pretty good coin and an evening out to see it. Words cannot describe how disappointing it was to experience such an unprofessional, truly awful show and staff. There outta be a law, but as long as they keep filling up they must presume the general public is as dumbed down as they seem to be. In this case, let me report that the emperor has NO clothes, even if they are wearing glittery female costumes. Stay away and help them go bust.

Visited November 2011
1 Thank WindyCityGirl
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun Time Had by All!”
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Great jams, the "ladies" were phenomenal! I was disappointed that they were lip syncing, but we had a BLAST!

Visited October 2011
Bay Village, Ohio
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Bachelorette Party Fun”
Reviewed June 14, 2011

This was one of the stops on my Bachelorette Party tour. It was fun and I felt like I was in the movie "Birdcage", but definately expected. I don't know that I would need to go again soon, but I wouldn't pass it up for another party.

Visited July 2010
Belvidere, Illinois
“I would visit weekly if I could”
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I first visited Baton's in 1992. Seeing the entertainers, I turned to my friend and said, "If this is what men think women should look like, we're in trouble." Baton's became a regular first-date place for me. I got to know most of the entertainers by their stage name, and Chili Pepper and I discussed the best places to purchase suits for the mature woman. (She had this really sharp, black suit that she wore during a Millie Jackson song, and another taupe one that I threatened to steal from the dressing room.) Through the years, I've recommended that friends visiting Chicago from LA, Baltimore, and Minnesota make sure that they stop by Baton's for the show. My only disappointment has been that it's not a dinner club.