“Excellent trip”

Wendella Sightseeing Boats
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

We had a fantastic trip on the river and Lake Michigan. The boat was spacious and comfortable and our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable.
Our two young children loved it and I learnt so much about Chicago.
Highly recommend this company. It is a family run business and its customer service shows that they have been doing a good job for a long time.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,081)
All reviews
"trump tower"
in 35 reviews
"wrigley building"
in 41 reviews
"tour guide was very knowledgeable"
"different buildings"
"navy pier"
in 95 reviews
"chicago history"
in 57 reviews

Reviewed July 7, 2017

We did Signature Lake & River Tour. It took 90 minutes and we paid $35.50 per person. The tour was worth more than $35.50 to me. We were really enjoyed the Chicago's buildings view from the lake, and refreshing breeze and sunshine on the boat. But we did not sit on the top roof, we took lower deck seat. Because the boat does not have any roof on the top deck.

Reviewed July 6, 2017

We went on the river cruise and had a great time, the weather was perfect and we learned and saw alot of interesting architectural development along the Chicago river .. I would have been happy if the cruise had gone around goose island and discussed the new near north up to division street or north avenue.. They need a longer river cruise. I would have been happy to pay for a longer south branch tour and a longer north branch tour. There is so much to look at and I think the river could take the draft of the boat. We then signed up for the lake tour and that was great. Cap't Charles did a great job and so did John.. Again, I would rather see separate tours for both lake and river, but the real tourists want the quick tour. I am from Chicago and I understand.

Reviewed July 6, 2017

My wife researched the available tour companies and decided this was the best. Mark, the tour story teller, was outstanding. He made every point along the way vivid in his descriptive tales. We enjoyed the trip tremendously. Sr. discount and military discount available.

See more reviews
Reviewed July 6, 2017

Have wanted to do this for years and finally did it. Don't know why I waited so long. At $35.50 and a couple hours I should have done it long ago.
Anyway, finally booked it for July 3 and had a great time. Did the River/Lake tour so went out onto Lake Michigan (through the lock) for a bit and then back up the river. Tour was narrated and VERY interesting. SO MUCH HISTORY along this lake and river that it's incredible and they told us about a lot of it. SO cool. Almost sold out (like 300 or so people) but once we started moving there was plenty of room to move around and get right where you wanted. We stood at the front upstairs and had a great view of everything.
I would highly recommend this boat tour. I'm definitely going to go back and do more tours (they have many).