“Just ok”

$19.60*
Lake Michigan Sightseeing Cruise
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: TripAdvisor ranked Shoreline Sightseeing as the #1 Most Booked Tour in America! Shoreline Sightseeing is Chicago's leader in river and lake cruises! Featuring state-of-the-art tour boats and expert guides, Shoreline presents the Chicago skyline as you've never seen it before. With so many options among our lake and river cruises, we're sure to offer a tour your whole group will love. Our famous Architecture River Tours are led by knowledgeable and entertaining guides showcasing the city's rich architectural heritage. We also offer skyline lake tours, romantic sunset tours, and exciting fireworks cruises from which to see dazzling displays throughout the summer. Themed offerings include wine tasting cruises, brew cruises, 4th of July options, and St. Patrick's Day cruises. So set sail with Shoreline today, where every day is a celebration of Chicago!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Went on the architecture tour this weekend. The boat was full but not uncomfortable. The guided pointed out many things I would have not seen in my own.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

I had always heard the architectural tour of Chicago was a must do, but never wanted to fork over the $35. Needless to say, I was missing out. Great opportunity to sightsee from a different angle and not have to worry about traffic. The architectural information is great, but the general Chicago history is priceless as well. Jeff, our tour guide, was knowledgeable and extremely entertaining. I was expecting some dry, architecture buff. Jeff was funny, informative, and kept everyone enthralled throughout the entire tour. Don't miss out!!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I took the architectural tour on Sunday. It was great, the price was a little higher than I wanted to spend but in the end it was worth it. It was a one hour ride (at night) down the Chicago River. The tour guide was friendly and informative and the rest of the staff was also friendly and helpful. Drinks were sold at the bottom part of the boat. Pictures were taken before the ride started, and were sold for $20 when we got off. There were a total of 5 pictures (one large photo and 4 wallet size) and we thought it was worth the money also. It's a great way to learn about the city whether you have been there before or not.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We managed to book on the architectural tour of Boston river. The tour was great and the tour guide (Jeff) was very knowledgeable and funny too!

It's a definite recommendation for Chicago - the only draw backs was that it was $32 each and after the tenth building all the facts & figures kinda roll into one as the tour can be a bit fast paced. Providing a data sheet or tour guide booklet would have helped the memory and tipped the balance into downright awesomeness.

There was also a bar on board so you could enjoy a nice beer whilst sunning it on the top deck - perfect!!

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

I took the architecture tour of the Chicago River. I was absolutely amazed. The diversity and history of architecture along the chicago river was extremely interesting. A very enjoyable and relaxing experience...recommended for sunny day.