Shoreline Sightseeing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: TripAdvisor ranked Shoreline Sightseeing as the #1 Most Booked Tour in America! Shoreline Sightseeing is Chicago's leader in river and lake cruises! Featuring state-of-the-art tour boats and expert guides, Shoreline presents the Chicago skyline as you've never seen it before. With so many options among our lake and river cruises, we're sure to offer a tour your whole group will love. Our famous Architecture River Tours are led by knowledgeable and entertaining guides showcasing the city's rich architectural heritage. We also offer skyline lake tours, romantic sunset tours, and exciting fireworks cruises from which to see dazzling displays throughout the summer. Themed offerings include wine tasting cruises, brew cruises, 4th of July options, and St. Patrick's Day cruises. So set sail with Shoreline today, where every day is a celebration of Chicago!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

We took the architectural tour departing from next to the Sheraton hotel on east north water street and Columbus. The tour was one hour long. Our guide, Tila, was very knowledgeable and kept it interesting. it was a little bit corny, but it was fun! I learned about different architecture used in the city and some of the history behind it-- informative but good for the whole family! ( I don't have kids, nor were any on my tour, but I think they would enjoy the ride!) also, they have a bar in the downstairs of the boat-- also equipped with hot beverages for cold Chicago days!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,810)
All reviews
"top deck"
in 27 reviews
"great architecture"
in 32 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 43 reviews
in 31 reviews
"michigan ave"
in 43 reviews

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Family of adults wanted to go on a river tour while in Chicago but I wasn't necessarily looking forward to it. I was pretty wrong. The speaker on our tour was great. Told us relevant things and had a touch of humor that was appreciated and not overly cheesy. Was glad we took it early in our vacation because I literally pointed out the buildings I knew for the rest of our stay, making me feel a little less small in the big city. You can make what you want out of it. Not sure it I could classify it as 'not to be missed' but if there is interest in your group/family; it won't waste your time and you might end up enjoying it.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Went on the Shoreline Chicago boat trip which was very nice, as I don't believe you could see Chicago in any other way, the most beautiful buildings architecture, and city in just 1 hour.
The boat tour is nice, the hostess "Jackie" is very informative, but I wish she does not speak for the whole hour and allows you to just take in the sites and enjoy it, rather than go on and on .
worth it for sure.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

Recently my husband and I visited his family in Indiana.While there we went to Chicago via train;
there we took Shoreline's Architecture River Cruise.
It was a lovely tour and most interesting. We were unaware that that "The Windy City" was the home of the first skyscraper and cradle of Modern American Architecture.
I highly recommend taking this cruise while in Chicago.