“A Tour that full held my attention for two hours”

Shoreline Sightseeing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: TripAdvisor ranked Shoreline Sightseeing as the #1 Most Booked Tour in America! Shoreline Sightseeing is Chicago's leader in river and lake cruises! Featuring state-of-the-art tour boats and expert guides, Shoreline presents the Chicago skyline as you've never seen it before. With so many options among our lake and river cruises, we're sure to offer a tour your whole group will love. Our famous Architecture River Tours are led by knowledgeable and entertaining guides showcasing the city's rich architectural heritage. We also offer skyline lake tours, romantic sunset tours, and exciting fireworks cruises from which to see dazzling displays throughout the summer. Themed offerings include wine tasting cruises, brew cruises, 4th of July options, and St. Patrick's Day cruises. So set sail with Shoreline today, where every day is a celebration of Chicago!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Honestly, when we travel, I book us on a lot of tours, though most are adventure stuff. The less-adventurous ones are the ones where I usually lose interest in and out after awhile. This tour was NOT one of those. The whole narrated two hours were very interesting hearing about some of the history of the city, including the Chicago fire of 1871 (I believe we were there on the 105th anniversary). The architecture in Chicago is the nicest that I have ever seen. It blows New York away (does that make me a traitor..lol). Our guide was entertaining and fun...the perfect mix. Of the tons of companies that do river cruises, this company is probably the biggest, but I can say that I honestly enjoyed it.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,762)
All reviews
"top deck"
in 29 reviews
"different perspective"
in 35 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 43 reviews
"great architecture"
in 32 reviews
"visiting chicago"
in 68 reviews
"sunny day"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed October 18, 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise down the river - what a fantastic way to see the City! The blend of old and new architecture - and the stories that went along with it - made for some memorable sights. We had a fantastic guide who was funny, natural, intelligent, knowledgeable - we couldn't have asked for a better time!

Reviewed September 29, 2011

We took this tour during our trip to Chicago. You can buy your tickets and board the boat right at the Navy Pier. It was a bit rainy, but we sat under the canopy and were OK. The tour guide (Kevin) was pheonominal. He spoke for an hour and a half and was extremely knowledgable. At the same time you could hear the pride for his city in his voice. The boat tours the canals and you see the best buildings and architecture Chicago has to offer. At the end, the guide sings a great song that he wrote himself. I would highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

This tour company is great! The crew on the boat were friendly and kept everyone entertained. The tour guide was very interesting and did a great job of highlighting some amazing buildings in Chicago. I've been to Chicago several times but before this never took the time to see the city from this perspective. This is a great way to learn some of the history and change how you see Chicago's famous skyline!

See more reviews
Reviewed September 26, 2011

My wife and I took the Sunset Tour over the Labor Day weekend and the view of the Chicago skyline from Lake Michigan was gorgeous.

You start out when the sun is just about to set behind the skyline and, when it finally gets dark, the night view of the city from the lake is beautiful. You will definitely want to remember your camera for this trip.

One small caveat: This is not the kind of cruise where you stroll around the deck of the boat having drinks and leaning on the rail with your loved one while watching the view. It has much more of a "cattle call" feel to it. Everyone gets rounded up at the beginning and packed into rows of benches on the upper and lower decks where you are supposed to stay seated for the duration of the ride. People do end up getting up and moving around but, it is a fairly packed situation.

With that said...I highly recommend taking this cruise because the view is amazing and the price, at about $17 per person, is very reasonable.

2  Thank NickPappagiorgio