“Highly Recommend!”

and up
Chicago Explorer Pass
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: TripAdvisor ranked Shoreline Sightseeing as the #1 Most Booked Tour in America! Shoreline Sightseeing is Chicago's leader in river and lake cruises! Featuring state-of-the-art tour boats and expert guides, Shoreline presents the Chicago skyline as you've never seen it before. With so many options among our lake and river cruises, we're sure to offer a tour your whole group will love. Our famous Architecture River Tours are led by knowledgeable and entertaining guides showcasing the city's rich architectural heritage. We also offer skyline lake tours, romantic sunset tours, and exciting fireworks cruises from which to see dazzling displays throughout the summer. Themed offerings include wine tasting cruises, brew cruises, 4th of July options, and St. Patrick's Day cruises. So set sail with Shoreline today, where every day is a celebration of Chicago!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed September 2, 2011

We did the Architextual Cruise with Shoreline and it was great. There was a tour guided explaining everything in site. Large wide boat with comfy seats. Bar on board also. Lots of bathrooms too. The tour was about 60 minutes. We had the GO Chicago cards so this was included in the card. Highly recommend the tour and the card!

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I used to live in Chicago and I wish this existed when I lived there. The water taxis are a terrific idea! If you want to get to popular tourist spots like Navy Pier, this beats the buses and cabs. Not terribly expensive, direct and one of the most scenic ways to see the downtown, the water taxis are highly recommended.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

My husband, my two boys (14 and 11) and myself all loved this tour. I loved it so much I could have done it again immediately. The guide was great.

We did this using the Go Chicago Card.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

We took the 9:15pm tour on Sturday July 31. I think your tour experiance is heaviliy influsenced by who led the tour and I am sorry that i do not recall the name of our guidle but this tour was UNBELIVABLY intereresting and funny and bizarre all at once. All I can say is ask for the guide with the safari hat and glasses who engages in Tuvan (or was it Rekuhkara)( throat singing ,

We got the boat at Odgen slip and did the nightime crusie with firworks. The boat was a two level boat with everyone sitting on the top level ... except .. it was pointed out to us as we stood in line that the bow of the boat on the lower) level offered a great view- and close to the bar.. and bathrooms.. and being slightly snobby and child adverse.. away from the throngs of children for whom discussions on the difference between the Barbarian and Modern style of architecture might be a tad tedious.... What a great trip -- feet on the bow .. glass in hand .. and a detailed passionate discussion of the Architecture coming fro the speaker above our head with a few tidbits thrown in ..
I think there are two ways to do the tour-- you can enjoy the summer night have a beer and look at the lights... you can also get a real earful of very detailed archtectural information-- I am very intereted in architecture and some of this was quite heady stuff-- my spouse who doesn't know a corinthian column from a flying buttress however also left the tour amazed and in awe .
We were on the lower deck and therefore didn't see our guide until the end when we surfaced upstairs and walked off the boat and gave him a tip... but his crazy stories .. and side stories .. and incredible passion for the architecture.. and side notes ( the Pez heads outside the Merchandice Mart) were fascinating. Now and then It really reminded me of a Hunter S Thompson rant..maybe it was the safari hat

The fireworks at the end were a add on the kids probably liked ( there were a few on the boat) but the real focus was the amazing hour before that.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

We really enjoyed the architectural cruise by Shoreline. It was a great way to see the city from a new vantage point. Our tour guide was knowledgeable and entertaining. It was the perfect length (~ 1 hour) and very reasonably priced. I would definitely recommend it to first time visitors. I liked the historical information about the city as well.