“best Pakistani/Indian food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Sabri Nihari
Ranked #634 of 9,467 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani, Asian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Rogers Park
Springfield, Virginia
“best Pakistani/Indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I love their Nihari and other dishes l. My daughter ordered Beef qeema samosas and love the taste, those were not oily but crispy and very tasty.Their Nan is also very good. I felt back home . Resturant atmosphere is very good, upscale and organized, I like the excellent customer service. we enjoyed the food and will go bak there when we will vist Chicago agian.

Visited August 2013

• Arabic first
“Highly recommend for Pakistani food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband's family is Pakistani and my mil is the best cook out there so I tend to be picky when it comes to Pakistani restaurants. We invited some friends to meet us there for dinner and I am so glad I picked this place.

Nothing is as good as your mom's authentic food but they come pretty close. The entrées we tried had enough heat and were not too sweet like other places.

We ordered pakoras, beef samosas, frontier chucked, nihari, mutton biryani, grill plate, and palak daal. Everything was good but the nihari and palak daal were the stars for me. My boys loved the grill items.

Service was good. Portions are big so we had a lot of food left and our server packed everything very nicely.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Smuzzie1
Bethel, Connecticut, United States
“Great food, though watch the a la carte pricing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

My friends and I were looking for a great place to eat recently, and one of them jokingly pointed at the first restaurant we saw on this street after turning. A few seconds later, I check my phone for reviews, and everyone had a great experience.

We ordered garlic nan, onion kulcha, chicken makhani, frontier chicken, bhindi masala, and dal palak. Personally, I thought everything was delicious. My favorite was the bhindi masala - a fantastic okra dish. Honestly, you cannot go wrong with anything vegetarian in this restaurant, and the chicken dishes were delicious as well.

Beware the a la carte pricing, however - rice is not included with your meal. This isn't a deal breaker, but is something to understand ahead of time. We ordered one order of rice for the table (or 3), and it was enough for me. I don't typically need a ton of rice when I go out to this type of place anyway.

The waiter tried to persuade us that 3 mains was enough, but variety is the spice of life, and that's what I am always going for at these places. Plus, you have a fantastic lunch the next day (curries always seem to be better after a day in the fridge, unlike Chinese or Japanese foods...)

All in all, go and enjoy - and I recommend the garlic nan over the onion kulcha.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Minneapolis, MN
“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

It was so great to have a good home cooked meal in a nice clean restaurant. My future husband and I are thinking of having them cater out wedding reception. Janeji34 islamophobic review is ridiculous. I have been there with a group of women, and we were treated very well. If people were looking at her and her white friends, then she got a taste about what it is like every single time I go to a restaurant as a woman of color. White people stare just as much as others - hold your self accountable before you make judgements on others.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Hijabicycle
West Hartford, Connecticut
“PAKISTANI & EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This place is for the native guy to have a true taste of home. Decor, crowd, ambiance, none of it is fancy. The food however, will take you to the streets of Lahore, the food capital of Pak. I have tried a number of their dishes and most of them are excellent. However, Frontier Chicken & Sabri Nihari clearly steal the show. Be prepared to sharpen your palette before trying the nihari as the spice level may be too hot for some!

• Visited September 2012