“I cannot remember eating better indian/pakistani food anywhere else” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sabri Nihari

Sabri Nihari
Ranked #631 of 9,467 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Rogers Park
London, United Kingdom
“I cannot remember eating better indian/pakistani food anywhere else”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

I ordered a frontier chicken curry with plain rice aswell as a nan bread and pakoras as starters.
The pakoras were a bit unusual because they were really small and crispy.
However the chicken curry was simply delicious, i have never tasted a better blend of spices in a Indian/Pakistani resturant i have been to. The plain rice were also just right. Now i only ordered the Nan bread because i though i may get small portions but as it turned out to be the portions were massive and i couldnt eat the nan bread or neither finish all my food. Thats not to say there anything wrong with the main course but simply too much food for me to eat. I definitely recommend eating at this restuarant. I cant wait to go to Chicago just for sake off eating this curry again... The restaurant is very busy so its a good idea to book a table before you go. The food is priced moderatly, from memory i recall paying $11 dollars for the curry itself. The staff are friendly and are multi national.
www.sabrinihari.com

• Visited September 2012

• Arabic first
Round Lake, Illinois
“Best Pakistani food in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

Sabri is one my favourite location to eat. Their main dish Beef Nihari is the best with Naan that are a foot long.
They have extensive Meat and vegetable dishes. Few of my other favourite dishes are, frontier Chicken, Karahi Gosht, mutton biryani and mutter paneer. Their mango lassi is one of the best in town, it also help relief from spicy dishes.
I recommend skipping their appitizers and deserts. I usually go to Tahoora Sweets (look for my review) for deserts following my visit to Sabri. Enjoy

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

I was just here on Friday night. My wife and I came here for Iftar dinner since it's Ramadan right now. We just expected to order dinner, but to my surprise, the restaurant offered pakora, fruit, chaat, and rooh afza for everyone opening fast, all for FREE. This was unexpected, and we truly appreciated this gesture on part of the restaurant owners/management.

We placed an order for chicken makhani (butter chicken) and palak gosht (chicken with spinach). The chicken makhani is easily the best I have ever eaten! I absolutely loved it and cannot say enough about it. The palak gosht was also very good and the chicken was very tender. We ordered about 30 minutes before the fast opened, and they brought it out just after it opened.

We had fantastic service - the servers kept checking on us to see if we needed more water or naan. The restaurant got extremely packed and there was a huge wait around Iftar time (I'm glad they told me to show up early), I've never seen such a a wait at any Paki/Indian restaurant before. Despite the rush, we received lots of attention and felt looked after. I'd like to thank the staff for that (I'm the guy that left you the little note on my receipt).

I will definitely be returning here with my parents who are coming from Texas to show them this place. I think they'll love the chicken makhani as much as me!

• Visited August 2012
Clearfield, KY
“Love the authentic food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Best tasting biryani and kababs. We been there so many time and can't get enough of it!

• Visited June 2012
Chicago
“Good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

Very good and HOT food. They did move across the street from their originally restaurant and the decor is nice and bright, but on the small side comparing the two.

• Visited May 2011