“Nice dog”

Cuisines: Fast Food, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Neighborhood: Lakeview
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Pretty good as far as hot dogs go! I think it was my first time having a Chicago Dog,with all the fixin,s,but I usually have to have at least two of them.

Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

I go to this bar every Friday. I continue to return for 3 reasons (besides the 10% alcohol root beer):

1. Amanda the bartender is fantastic. She really adds to the overall atmosphere of the bar, and is just a joy to be around. Not to mention she's a great bartender.

2. The atmosphere is always inviting. There is a juke box, and the regulars (besides myself) are great company as well. Due to the location, you also get a lot of folks who were already out having a good time (Wrigley field, Blue Man Group close-by and others).

3. They have food! The bar and restaurant portion are connected, and the bartenders can take your order and deliver the food. You don't have to move! The quality of the food is generally above average, but I wouldn't call someone just to tell them about how good it is. A few exceptions due to being quite delicious: the deep fried mushrooms, and the hotdogs. Try those.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

After an amazing Blue Man Group show (highly recommendable!), I stopped in at The Clark Street Dog for a hotdog - did not opt for chips as I was hungry but not that hungry. The hotdog (with all the trimmings, onion, gherkin, tomato, chillies) looked a bit bleak, but at least it was fairly tasty. When I left I saw that someone had ordered amazing-looking onion rings and the chilli also looked very tasty - so based on my hotdog experience, it was not great. Will have to go back to try something else.

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

We had great Chicago hot dogs that were as good as I have ever had in this city. The French fries and Italian beef sandwiches had by others in our party were also superb. This was a very tasty meal for a low cost.

Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

Really? Award winning Chicago dogs? Blah. This place us over-priced and just like ever other Chicago dog place. I will not be back. Too many better places. And having a $10 minimum for credit cards should be illegal.

meghankeyes, Public Relations Manager at The Clark Street Dog, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Dave,

My name is Angelo and I am the owner and manager of Clark Street Dog. I have read your most recent review. I am sorry to hear that you feel we’re over-priced. We use fresh, local and never frozen ingredients for our menu, and our prices do reflect that. We do appreciate your feedback and plan to use it to improve Clark Street Dog. I would like to invite you back to experience our menu again, please get in touch with me.

Angelo Velliotis