“Good atmosphere and drinks ”
Review of Bub City

Bub City
Reserve with OpenTable
Bub City is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #216 of 10,104 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: CTA #22 Bus at Clark and Hubbard St Close to CTA Brown/Purple Line stop at Merchandise Mart Close to CTA Red Line stop at Grand and State St
Description: Bub City is Chicago's destination for barbecue, whiskey and live country music and is open for lunch, dinner, weekend brunch and late night dining. The Southern spot offers more than 125 different whiskeys from well-known and independent distilleries throughout the country, a build-your-own Bloody Mary bar on the weekends and live country music every day of the week.
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We stopped into this restaurant just for a quick drink before heading out to our dinner reservations. It has 2 large bar areas that flank the seating area, and if you're a whiskey drinker then go no further. Bub city is the place for you. With over 50 whiskey's to choose from in any price range you'll be one happy camper. We didn't order any food, the menu is limited, but everything coming out of the kitchen looked good. Our drinks were excellent. Is recommend the back porch tea. An Arnold Palmer with a kick.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

A bit of southern USA in Chicago I presume and it is a very nice bar with a lot of bourbons, specialty beers and the music that is not the Chicago Blues. So a nice bar by all means. But ordered the Burnt ends, and it was really dissapointing, nothing burnt about it, more a beef stew bbq style. So next time, I'll just order a few beers and stick with the nachos.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

This was one of the top 5 meals I have ever had in my life. I had the burnt ends and the baked beans. I am not even sure what words to use to describe how perfect the burnt ends are. It was like putting heaven in my mouth. The meat was cooked so perfect and the flavors were just amazing. The beans were clearly made in house and they were also a great compliment to the meat. I also tried my guests brisket, and it was a close second to the burnt ends. The music was great and the atmosphere was just right with a full house and a long line outside waiting to get in. My only complaint is that no one ever told me about this place before. It was so great that i am going to make another 3 hour trip next weekend just to go back to this place. It must be a local best kept secret or something...

1  Thank Jonesforce1
Reviewed April 4, 2014

The sliced brisket is to die for. Fun atmosphere and very nice staff. Check out the girls bathroom-an experience all it's own!

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in quick snack. Was very surprised when we walked in. What a little gem if a country bar. Great serve, great food & atmosphere. Will definitely be back!

Been to Bub City? Share your experiences!