“Legit bar-b-que in Chicagoland”

Smoke Daddy Restaurant
Ranked #390 of 9,839 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Northwest Side
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I am a bar-b-que snob from Kansas City. It is awesome to have a great bar-b-que place to go to in Chicago. The three sauces are unique and will bring me back for sure. The baby back ribs had amazing flavor and were tender, the sides were great and also unique, the sausage links were fabulous, and my wife said the salad was really really good. Top that off with a great selection of tap beers and well-trained service and I can only hope they expand their business to the suburbs--please start in Wilmette.

In my opinion what makes bar-b-que places so good is when they create their own style and not just copy other styles--Smoke Daddy definitely has created its own style--fantastic.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Love this place and always come when I visit Chicago. Best Ribs I have had and good music and beer what more can you ask for?

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The ribs are awesome, real smoke BBQ flavor. The ribs were wet with the house BBQ, just the way I like them. Finger linking good. They have other sauces available at the table which make the experience even better. The bake beans have meat them also which adds and extra kick to the beans. Overall, I had a great time there with very tasty food.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I was in the area with a friend and noticed Smoke Daddy sign and was excited to try their BBQ. We ordered their wings and their rib combination. The ribs were over cooked and the wings were not memorable.
I bought this to the manager attention who was very professional. He was very apologetic and wanted to send us home with food. I promised to try this place again and will give them one more shot as I love BBQ and it might of been a bad day.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Split a rack of baby backs with DH. Awesome. three sauces on the table to top em with and finger licking good. we chose the cole slaw and macaroni and cheese sides. some of the best MC I have had in a restaurant in a long time. very affordable place as we had 9 people with us, only 3 drinks served but the total bill with tip was $168!! in Chicago - are you kidding me!! had a combo band with cello, xylophone in it that were great for the atmosphere too. service was excellent too.

one tip would be to not sit by the door as we had to with our large group - very cold.