“Our Best Find in Chicago”

Beef and Brandy Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #268 of 9,675 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Transit: We are a block away from Orange and Blue lines. The Red line is in front of the restaurant. Buses are running all day and into the night. Because of our neighbor the Palmer House Hilton taxis are always available.
Description: Centrally located at the same spot since 1967, B&B has been a Chicago tradition for area people and city visitors for hearty breakfast, lunch, dinner, and cocktails. We are proud and appreciative of our regular customers and eager to please new ones. Our bar has been updated with a new Sound & Light system, a dance floor, and satellite TV.
Garden, Michigan
“Our Best Find in Chicago”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

On State just down from the entrance to the Palmer House, Beef and Brandy became our go-to place on a recent stay in Chicago. It was open late, had really good food and a great waitstaff. Breakfast is also a special affair and reasonably priced. They also have a military, law enforcement, firefighter discount!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Gary S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Cheap Food, Cheap Quality”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We came here based on the rave reviews Beef and Brandy has gotten on Trip Advisor. Unfortunately, I would have rather spent a little bit more for better quality food. I ordered linguini with chicken and it tasted as though it had been microwaved. It was not warm through and through and the sauce (which was mixed in with the pasta and chicken) was sparse at best.
The decor is drab and maybe even a bit dirty.
Our waiter was robotic and unfriendly--though the manager was very professional. Maybe we came on a bad night--maybe we ordered the wrong dish? Either way, I was disappointed for all the good comments I'd heard.

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Great, casual, inexpensive”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We had a simple but excellent, casual and inexpensive dinner at B&B (adjacent to the Palmer House hotel). Great wait-staff, relaxed atmosphere. We would go again!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank explore with more
holland, Mi
“Good, economical food with a friendly staff”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had the pleasure of eating dinner at Beef and Brandy Restaurant in Chicago recently. The food was excellent and the prices are very reasonable. I had the salmon and our friends ordered the pork chops and both were delicious! The restaurant is not fancy but has a very cozy atmosphere. If you are going to the theater the restaurant is close by and in the past they have offered a discount if you show them your tickets. We will definately eat there next time we visit Chicago and recommend Beef and Brandy to others.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank LARRYANDSALLY
Chicago, Illinois
“Lunch-time Vacation”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I consider my lunch break my one hour vacation. In Chicago with so many places to choose from, Beef and Brandy is the place I choose most often for my one hour vacation (aka my lunch break). The food is delicious, the ambiance is charming and the staff courteous and friendly. My food always arrives in a short time and is always good. I highly recommend this to the people working downtown and to tourists trying to economize but not sacrifice taste. Beef and Brandy is more than a place for reasonably priced lunches they offer breakfast and dinner as well as a lounge. Stop in Beef and Brandy the next time you're in downtown Chicago...I think you'll be happy you did.

• Visited December 2012