“Breakfast came fast...really fast”

Beef and Brandy Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #249 of 9,668 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Transit: We are a block away from Orange and Blue lines. The Red line is in front of the restaurant. Buses are running all day and into the night. Because of our neighbor the Palmer House Hilton taxis are always available.
Description: Centrally located at the same spot since 1967, B&B has been a Chicago tradition for area people and city visitors for hearty breakfast, lunch, dinner, and cocktails. We are proud and appreciative of our regular customers and eager to please new ones. Our bar has been updated with a new Sound & Light system, a dance floor, and satellite TV.
“Breakfast came fast...really fast”
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

A diner type restaurant can be risky. This was clean, friendly and FAST and most important, good.

They customized my veggie omelet with no oil and offered me fruit instead of hashbrowns. Veggies in omelet were perfectly cooked, not overcooked and the fruit was fresh and ample. I'm coming back tomorrow.

dominica
“Lunch Special was Special”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stopped here for lunch by chance and had and excellent French Onion Soup and Baked Eggplant with cheese. Large portions and very tasty.

• Visited October 2012
Lockport, Illinois, United States
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Always come here for breakfast when stay downtown. Always clean, great service & one of the best cups of coffee found in any restaurant. It's a typical Greek Family restaurant, but they do a GREAT job on breakfast, & for the price, haven't found a better place for breakfast in the loop in 30 years.

Visited September 2012
Ashburn, Virginia, United States
“Great beer & bartender”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I was staying at the Palmer House next door and didn't feel like paying $20 for a beer so I came here on the advice of housekeeping. Great advice. I went downstairs to the new sports bar and ordered 2 beers and an appetizer.. less than $20. But besides that, the bar staff was great. The bartender's name escapes me but she was very friendly and kept great company while my boyfriend was off in his conference meeting. We came back for breakfast the next morning and I'd say the food is nothing to write home about, but all I really wanted was a beer in a "normal" atmosphere and that's what I got. Will definitely be here again if I'm ever back in Chi-town.

• Visited August 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Awesome Buffelo Chicken Wrap”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I came here for lunch and then came back that night with the boy for beers and pool.

Lunch, around 2 pm, it was me and just a few other patrons. I decided to be adventurous with my beer choices so I did a Clown Shoes: Tramp Stamp, a Blueberry Sea Dog, a Southern Tier, the beer selection is pretty awesome. The buffelo chicken wrap was amazing though. Best one I've had in a while. My bartender, long blond hair girl from Argentina, was awesome. Very friendly, we were exchanging stories on Casino trips.

That night we went back for pool and beer. It was fun. My bartender seems to get a little overwhelmed with more patrons, but that's to be expected. I didn't win pool, :( made some awesome shots though.

Great lunch spot. I like it.

• Visited August 2012