“Great Chicago Hot Dog!”

The Wiener's Circle
Ranked #361 of 9,520 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Lincoln Park
Seattle, WA
“Great Chicago Hot Dog!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

A group of us took the train from downtown Chicago to Wrigley Field then the #22 bus to The Wiener's Circle. We arrived about 4 pm. We were told the experience is a little disturbing but we wanted to check it out. The people behind the counter were really nice and nothing that I heard was alarming. After I received my hotdog I asked.... shouldn't you be mean or rude to me? The lady started laughing. This type of behavior doesn't start until after 6pm. OH I see. We went on to enjoying our food. Then out of the blue a customer comes to the counter and when the lady said what do you want the customer was offended?? It lead into a yelling match about what good customer service is. The lady told him to leave or she would call the police. Needless to say he ended up leaving, we got the show we came for. The lady told me it was all my fault for asking. I laughed and we took photo's of the staff and left. I was told afterwards to "ask for catchup on my hot dog" this really get's them going. LOL

Visited August 2013

Cape Girardeau, Missouri
“Best hotdog ever”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Very little seating, but nice soft bun, melted cheddar cheese, tomato, onion, pickle, great tasting dog. What more can I say?

Visited July 2013
Franklin, North Carolina
“:) Crazy Wiener”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We visited the Wieners Circle at 1:30 AM Wild and crazy banter between staff and customers! It was hilarious ! We ordered hot dogs and they were excellent....really good sausages AND they fire roast their dogs! We will definitely go back to the Wiener's Circle next time we are in Chi town!

• Visited July 2013
Venice, Florida
“Did you say chocolate milkshake?”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were in the Chicago and made it a point to come here having watched the reality show. Unfortunately I was only able to get there on a Sunday but I was not disappointed. It started slow, we ordered but after a little while some people strolled in and all hell broke loose. The banter was not for the faint of heart but you could clearly tell everyone involved was having a good time. My hot dog was very good which for me was a bonus since I was all about being part of the "atmosphere". Worth swinging in!

• Visited June 2013
Tampa, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun Time”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

After watching the Conan show with Triump the Insult Dog we had to stop. We went in the early evening and it was calm - the insults don't start until 7:59pm.

We came back at midnight on a Saturday night and the crew that was on the Conan show was working. The place was packed and the insults were not too bad since none of the customers were giving it back to the workers. It was fun though.

The hot dogs are great - do not ask them to put ketchup on the dogs or they will be insulted. Do it yourself with the ketchup on the side of the counter that is used for the great French fries.

Visited June 2013