“great place, we wil be back”

Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop
Ranked #54 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed October 3, 2010

clean well equiped and perfectly located for business. Everyone is pleasant, Elevator a little smallish, but not an issue..The staff here is eager to please,

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2010

Thanks so much for your review. I am pleased you enjoyed our location for business and found our staff eager. When you plan your return visit back to Chicago please contact me directly to arrange a suite for you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,919)

Reviewed October 3, 2010

If you are looking for a nice hotel, on N. Michagan Ave, just steps away from the river, and 1.5 blocks from the park then this is it. My wife and I stayed in this hotel for a week long business trip that I had a few blocks down on Michigan, and we both loved our stay. We had a great view from the 24th floor. Our room was great. We had a separate bedroom, flat screen TVs, good size kitchen area, and nice desk area. I went down and got breakfast each morning, and brought it back up to the room which they suggested since the breakfast area is a little small.(I only noticed it cramped up on one morning out of 6 that we were there.) This hotel doesn't have a big lobby, but we didn't come to Chicago to sit in the lobby. This hotel doesn't have a large elevator area either, but we only expereinced one afternoon/evening(on Friday) when we had to wait for the elevator. The fitness area isn't all that big either. I will stay again at this hotel next time we are in town.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank RmartinJr

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am glad you loved your stay and found your suite perfect for your business trip. Should travels bring you back to Chicago please contact me directly and we would love to secure your accommodations for your next visit.

Reviewed October 2, 2010

Our suite was so clean, it shone - no surface contained dust or grime or fingerprints. The fully equipped kitchenette was spotless and the bathroom was the same. There was far more space in the two rooms than I had even hoped for, and the closet in the bedroom held a stacked washer and dryer. They even provided the detergent! The bed was great and the linens were a good quality. The complimentary breakfast was fresh and ample, and the wi-fi was free. Possibly the best of all was the staff, from the front desk through the breakfast lady, the maid, the doorman and even the maintenance man, all of whom cheerfully and willingly did everything they could to enhance our stay. The room rate compared very favorably with facilities offering far less and without the excellent location. Next time I'm in town, that's where I'll be!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SuefromCanada

The entire staff would like to thank you for your review and kind comments. I am happy you found our staff helpful and cheerful and that you found value at our hotel. We are glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast and internet. I hope to have you back as our guest soon. Thank you.

Reviewed September 29, 2010

We just returned from a week's stay at the Comfort Suites. The positives to this hotel are its location, room size (two room suites), a kitchen and washer/dryer in every room and the nice city views. The negatives are the slow elevator, size of lobby and breakfast room, and a really noisy fan or something outside our room. However, the biggest negative is lack of wireless in the guest rooms. My husband and I both brought our laptops (we run several small businesses) and we couldn't both be in the room and on the internet at the same time. There was one hard-wired connection, and everytime we moved the wire from one computer to another, we would have to go back to the start page and approve the terms and conditions. This was a pain. Plus the wire requires you to sit at the desk instead of being able to relax on the sofa with the laptop in your lap.

There were several other minor inconveniences while we were there--the printer downstairs was inoperable for a few days and the internet did go down twice during our stay. Our key cards stopped working in the middle of our stay, which required a trip back downstairs--not a problem if the elevators weren't so slow.

However, all considered, if they got wireless in the guest rooms, I would stay again, especially if I could get a better price than I was able to get for this stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2010

We appreciate your business and review. I am glad you and your husband enjoyed our location and the size of our suites. We are in the process of upgrading to wi-fi in the guests rooms in the meantime please feel free to use our complimentary wi-fi in our public spaces or ask for a longer internet cord at the front desk. Thank you.

Reviewed September 28, 2010

The good:
Quiet rooms, washer and dryer in each room, plenty of room to hang clothes to dry in walk in closet, good price.

The bad:
Only one dinky, slow ice machine in the entire building. No ice bucket...had to get ice in a collander. No one available at curb to help unload luggage and carry it a half a block to the hotel. This spot is not marked, so we almost never found it. Plan to take breakfast back to your room as the eating area is quite small.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2010

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel, I appreciate your feedback. During your next visit please feel free to ask for ice to be brought up to your room and our bell staff would be more than happy to assist you in carrying your luggage. We hope to host you again.

Reviewed September 26, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for a quick weekend getaway for our anniversary. It could not have been better. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. When we got there to check in, the person at the front desk had to check to see if our room was ready. They called housekeeping on the walkie-talkie, but were told that the housekeeping people were in a mandatory meeting, and wouldn't be available to check for 5 or 10 minutes. Instead of asking us to wait a few minutes, the manager went upstairs to check for themselves.

We spent the extra $10 for a "view" room. It was the best choice we could have made. The view was pretty good, considering the size of the buildings in the area. More importantly, the room was huge. Far more space than my wife and I needed. Also, the location is great. Restaurants, shopping, Millennium Park, tourist attractions, nightlife, and just about anything you could want is within easy walking distance. We loved it, and will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gleece
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2010

I am so glad you enjoyed your anniversary with us and that you found our staff helpful and friendly. I love the size of rooms as well and the views are just spectacular. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed September 26, 2010

The Comfort Suites are in a very good location close to all the sites and shopping Chicago has to offer. The view of the city from the 18th floor was awesome. The rooms are VERY large, clean and spacious. I liked that there was a full kitchen and clothes washer and dryer in each of the rooms. Much larger than I expected in Downtown Chicago. The staff was helpful.
I expected to have access to wireless internet while my stay at the hotel, however this was only available downstairs. Also, I felt a bit reprimanded by one staff member for not booking my shuttle back to the airport the night before. I just ended up calling my shuttle myself and there was no problems.

Other than that my stay was wonderful.

Oh, and the breakfast was great with lots of choices.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Robert H, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate it! We hope to see you back again.

Best Regards,