Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop
$650
$433
$519
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Chicago Downtown(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$399
  • Breakfast included
Best Western River North Hotel(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$309
BestWestern.com
  • Pool
Kimpton Hotel Allegro(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$582
$749
  • Room Service
$1,300
  • Pool
Hotel Versey - Days Inn Chicago(Chicago)(Great Value!)
$330
$288
Orbitz.com
1,982 results
All reviewswasher and dryerfull kitchenmichigan avethe rivergreat locationliving roommillennium parkdowntown chicagobreakfast roomfree breakfasthuge roomthe magnificent milewithin walking distancenavy pieryogurtart institutewrigley building
Reviewed September 23, 2010

We were looking for a reasonable place to bring two of our grandkids down to Chicago for the weekend and I had looked over many sites to try and find something reasonable. I finally chose the Comfort Suites. When we arrived we were greated at the door (very nice touch) and our requests for a room overlooking the mag mile had been accomodated. The rooms are great, spacious and very nice and clean.
When you stay here (not if, when) you are in a great spot to walk all over Chicago and see the sights. We were able to walk to Willis Tower, Navy Pier and even walked back from Shedds. If you want to take a cab the most it should cost you is under $10.
The breakfast that was provided was very nice both mornings although they are a little tight on space during the weekend. If you are epxecting a pool and many other "in hotel" luxuries this is not the place for you, but after all, how comes to downtown Chicago just to stay in the hotel?
The staff was very friendly and courteous and overall we had a great experience. I will always look to stay here everytime I come down.
Now wait, if I give this hotel a great review, it will just be booked solid every time I try to get in, so I guess forget everything I said. Jokes aside, this is a great place for the dollars spent and I hope they stick to their pricing, quality of service and everything that made this stay exceptional.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2010

I enjoyed reading your review. I am glad we were able to play host to you and your grand kids while in Chicago. You have my guarantee that we will continue our commitment to the quality of our service.

Reviewed September 22, 2010

Chose the Comfort Suites for my Chicago Half Marathon stay. You really can't beat the location and the price (it was the official race hotel so we got a reduced rate). Walking distance to The Magnificent Mile, Millennium Park and even Navy Pier. Safe and quiet. The staff was helpful. Rooms were really large and clean. The full kitchen and washer/dryer would be a big plus if I ever returned with my two small children. There is no restaurant, but many are close by, and they do have a breakfast room (included in the price). Really appreciated the free use of computers in the lobby and the free toiletries daily - saves the hassle of traveling with liquids.
My only complaint is that the bathroom was really small. There was virtually no counter space for toiletries and there is very little room in the bathtub/toilet area. They do have an enormous walk-in closet that I imagine most people don't use unless they are in for a very, very long stay, and it smelled a bit moldy (just the closet - not the room). That space would have been put to much better use if added to the bathroom (not sure that's possible, but...)

I would definitely recommend this no-frills, practical and centrally-located hotel. Don't expect luxuries or a big lobby, but for the same price as many other hotels in the area you get a really large, comfortable room, with full kitchen, laundry machines, hi-speed internet, and breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2010

Thank you so much for choosing us as your hotel while you were participating in the marathon. It was wonderful to receive your feedback and we are happy you enjoyed our location and the size of our suites. We are in the process of adding additional counter space in our bathrooms, we hope you visit us next year to see our changes.

Reviewed September 21, 2010

Thirteen of us stayed here and had a great time! The location is perfect! The rooms were clean and spacious; the breakfast offerings were wonderful. The staff members were all helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2010

I was so happy to read your comments about your recent stay with us. We strive to provide excellent customer service along with clean and comfortable accommodations and I am glad you experienced that during your visit. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again during your next getaway weekend.

Reviewed September 21, 2010

Comfort Suites are ideally located in downtown Chicago. There are beautiful views of the Chicago River and Michigan avenue, As a business traveler I truely appreciate that there is a washer and dryer as well as full kitchen in each room. It is a perfect hotel for the business or leisure traveler and is the only hotel I stay at while in Chicago.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business

Thank you so much for selecting us as your primary business hotel choice while in Chicago. I am so glad you enjoy the features and amenities of our rooms and our ideal downtown location. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 17, 2010

Great location, good price, inadequate hot water. Took a cold shower 3 mornings in a row. Furthermore, tried to comment on Comfort Suite Website, wrote up review and then told couldn't do it at this time.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Robert H, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate it! We hope to see you back again.

Best Regards,