Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop
Ranked #53 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My husband and I often stay here when we visit Chicago. Living in a small town, we need our "big city fix" a few times a year! And this place is the best for that! Located in the middle of the Magnificent Mile shopping and the Loop shopping is perfect.
For the past few years, I have taken my College students on a field trip to the Windy City and we all have stayed here. Perfect place; spacious rooms so they all feel comfortable -- and a free breakfast -- you don't find that often in metropolitan hotels! And we can all walk to the professional theatre only a few blocks away!
Jackie, in sales, is so helpful! And Daniel and his front desk staff couldn't be more friendly!!
Thanks to you all at the Comfort Suites!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Bay5
Daniel J, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thank you for taking your time to review our hotel and we welcome you back anytime.

You are very correct that we have very spacious rooms, we have a perfect location, and our staff is super friendly.

We welcome you back anytime; if it's a weekend getaway for you and your husband or a school trip; we would love to be your home away from home.

Daniel J.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,903)

Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

My Fiance and I stayed here on a "weekend getaway". What a great location! So much to do and see within a short distance. We had a corner room near the top floor. The view was amazing as well as the room. Staff was friendly and very helpful. We plan on coming back.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I will be sure to let the entire staff know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We welcome your return.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed the Comfort Suites in Chicago the weekend of April 25-26. The hotel had all the amenities we needed for a weekend in the city - our room on the 8th floor was spacious, comfortable and clean with a nice view towards the Chicago River. The staff was courteous and the check-in/out process was efficient and friendly. The complimentary breakfast was good as well. We were an easy walk to the train, Millennium Park and many sights downtown, making it an extremely convenient place to stay. Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: 805 has a nice view and is high enough up that light sleepers won't be bothered by traffic noise...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your nice review of our property. We do have very spacious rooms and our location is very centrally located to all that Chicago has to offer.

We welcome your return back to our home.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Spent 5 days here, very convenient location to walk to restaurants, shopping, sporting events, etc. hotel is great, rooms are spacious and have all the basic amenities; Walgreens is a couple doors down as well as a Subway restaurant; parking garage right across the street with convenient access at all hours. Staff were courteous and helpful with any request we came to them with.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Daniel J, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

We do have an excellent location, centrally located to everything Chicago has to offer.

We welcome your return trip back to our hotel.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I originally booked this hotel for Wed Apr 9. At that time I was told I would have to cancel 72hrs prior to avoid a cancellation charge. I then had made a 1 day change to the booking, but subsequently cancelled the preceding Sunday as originally indicated. The hotel first did not send me cancellation notice at all despite saying they would, nor did they inform me that I would now be charged 1 night's stay. I called again Monday to ask for my cancellation notice and they sent it at that time but did not tell me about the cancellation fee then again.

I've called them after I found the charge and they refused to budge or reverse the charge.

Absolutely ridiculous. First of all, almost no hotels require 72hrs for cancellation and they would AT LEAST indicate at the time of cancellation that they were going to charge me. But they just wanted to avoid the conflict in the first place. Thus they knew exactly what they were doing and now want to blame me. And now they are sending me emails again to try and absolve themselves from responsibility.

• Stayed: April 2014
Daniel J, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2014

I'm sorry to hear about any confusion and billing errors. Please reach out to me and I can see if I can further look into this to give your an explanation.

djacobsen@comfortsuiteschicago.com

Reviewed April 11, 2014

First thing you will notice about this hotel is the location. Its in down town Michigan Ave. the best location in chicago. The entrance to hotel is not grand but the suites are spacious and comfy. I stayed in suite 1005. They provide all kitchen stuff starting from fridge to gas etc, washing stuff is also available its kind of a fully furnished home itself :) .

Pros:
1. Location, Location and Location of this hotel.
2. Walkable to almost all attractions like Millennium park,museum,sky deck ,art museum etc.
3. Complementary breakfast.
4. Good smiling staff
5. Quick checkout.
6. Many restaurants are near by.

Cons:
1. No restaurant in hotel ,so you have to walk out to have dinner in very cold weather also.
2. No smoking rooms, so all the time you have to come down to smoke in cold weather.
3. Breakfast does not have the varieties all the time same menu.
4. Lifts were stinking sometimes not sure what they were carrying in them.
5. Wifi signals really suck if you go into the breathing area in suites. I had to use my mobile network for internet though they have a fix LAN in breathing area but wifi is always preferable for its mobility.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in suites which are not adjacent to the lift else it makes noise in night when somebody...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Indeed, we do have many pro's with this hotel.

We are in the process of looking into our Wi-Fi and hopefully the next time you return it will be upgraded and running faster. We do offer free Wi-Fi, so this is a huge benefit versus many other hotels which have a daily fee.

Indeed we are a 100% smoke free hotel, which can be hard for a small percentage of people, but most people appreciate us being 100% smoke free. All Choice Hotels are 100% smoke free.

We look forward to your return trip to Chicago.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

There are a hundred hotels in Chicago and this one stands out not only because of its amazing location, right on Michigan Avenue, near the Trib Tower, but also because of the first-class staff it has. Nader at the front desk knows about service, from offering a guy and his son an upgrade after a tough trip to knowing about all the best local restaurants and places to hang out. Immediately on check in he called to assure we were satisfied and I am sure would have done anything to make it so. Terri, whom he was working with, was there with an amazing smile late at night when we went to bed and early in the morning when we woke up. Absolutely excellent service from top to bottom.

Valet parking is around the corner at the Hard Rock, no issue once you know that. Chicago expensive at $43 a night but that's cheaper than most of the lots around that area for an overnight park.

The suite was tremendous, spacious and clean, with a memorable view of Trib Tower and the Michigan Avenue bridge. We even had a balcony to sit on, which would have been great in slightly better weather.

if you have a romantic trip, definitely ask for an executive suite. Well worth it. Room included a full kitchen and laundry facilities and very comfy King Bed with stellar corner view of the city.

Free breakfast in a slightly cramped room in the rear of the hotel but most people took the food to their rooms.

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for Executive Suite (24th floor) if you have romantic intentions.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and in pointing out the a few of our excellent staff members, of which I will share your nice comments with.

I agree that the view from our spacious rooms are breathtaking.

We are in the middle of changing out the breakfast room seating arrangements. Hopefully, the next time you are in Chicago you will be able to see the changes we are about to do.

Please come visit us again.