“Four-day stay in Chicago”

Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop
Ranked #52 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I was part of a tour group in Chicago and stayed at this hotel. It was a perfect location for any sightseeing. The rooms were very comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful. If I visited Chicago again I would definitely stay at this hotel. An extra plus, every suite had its own washer/dryer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for the kind compliments on our staff. We are delighted that you enjoyed our service and location. We would be honored to welcome you back when you are next in Chicago.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I booked a fairly large block of rooms for a convention. My contact person was easily accessible to make changes to my guest list and the whole process of securing a contract was a great painless, experience.

Overall everyone in our group was very pleased with their rooms and experience at the hotel. The rooms were all VERY roomy and clean, beds very comfortable, and the staff was very friendly, courteous and attentive to our needs. As soon as our group checked in I received two separate texts from individuals in my group saying that they had to admit that their rooms were "pretty cool". There are only 4 rooms per floor which is an extra bonus for privacy and quiet nights. The location is extremely convenient to shopping, restaurants and area attractions. The views of Chicago are amazing. I would highly recommend the Comfort Suites to anyone traveling on business or for a weekend getaway - including for families with little ones. A great home away from home!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

We are delighted that you and your group enjoyed your time with us! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We would be honored to welcome you back when the next convention brings you to Chicago!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed at this location. Location was great right in the heart of town. Rooms were really nice and cozy feel. Full kitchen, living area and bed room. Beds were soft and comfortable, almost too comfortable where I didnt want to get up in the AM to go for a Bike Tour. Overall stay was great. Views from room was amazing.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. When you are next in Chicago, we would be honored to welcome you back so you can once again enjoy the comfortable beds!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

very nice place, was in the middle of everything to see, I work for choice hotels and will go back to this one longer, everyone at the front desk very nice and very helpful to guide us to where we wanted to go or just to go for a good place to eat, they did a great job, breakfast good :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review! We are delighted that you found our staff to be helpful during your stay. We look forward to having you back when you are next in Chicago!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Great weekend stay - friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms and as a bonus we got upgraded too, many thanks to Brandon and his exceptional hospitality for the breathtaking view from our spacious suite on the 22nd floor .
Will definitely stay there during next visit to Chicago.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

We delighted to see that you enjoyed our breathtaking views! Brandon will be delighted to see your kind compliments. We look forward to having you with us again when you are next in Chicago.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I went to Chicago the weekend of September 7th for a spontaneous weekend getaway and after checking Trip Advisor and reading the reviews I decided to stay at the Comfort Suites on Michigan Avenue. I read the reviews and really liked what most people had to say and it seemed like a great fit for me. If you follow my blog or my Trip Advisor posts you will know that I prefer to stay in suites because it’s always great to have a fridge and microwave and in this case even a stove when you travel. Even better when a hotel includes a great FREE BREAKFAST and the Comfort Suites had all the amenities that I love. So with the kitchen, free breakfast and free internet usage plus the super convenient location…I don’t think anyone can go wrong staying here. I know I was there during a high season but the rates can be even more reasonable if you are able to go during the week.

The one thing that fascinated me about the hotel was how many floors it had and how it seemed like such a narrow entrance; but looks are really deceiving. My apartment oh sorry I mean my hotel room was the size of my apartment back in Toronto; so that was great. But this room had more closets than I have at home. The bathrooms are a bit small but it’s a bathroom and trust I have been in much smaller; so no complaints there. I love that the living room and bedroom are separated by doors and I loved having a view from the 25th floor. I saw people complaining if they didn’t look over the water. I didn’t look out over the water but I just loved being up that high.
All of the staff are very friendly and helpful and if anything is wrong they will do their best to make sure it’s corrected right away. The breakfast was plentiful with enough choices and if you eat healthy, they had fruits and whole wheat bagels and toast and English muffins and so many other choices for you. I loved the blueberry muffins and tended to have a boiled egg and a banana, many people had the yummy waffles every morning. And you have the choice to take the food back to your room on a tray if you’d like. I tended to do that because I was often writing in the morning before I started my day.

This hotel is located downtown and you can get almost anywhere you need to in a cab, or you can even hop on a local bus or walk. State Avenue is a few blocks over and there are amazing surrounding restaurants and just everything you need including access to all of the great Chicago Tourist Attractions. And you are right next door to a Walgreens and down the street from CVS but again anything you need to do is within easy access. And if there’s any information that you need, all you have to do is ask anyone at the front desk and they are all happy to help you out. I know I always appreciate friendly and helpful staff it can really make or break your stay. I enjoyed my room, I enjoyed my weekend and I have no complaints.
So, I will definitely be back! I loved my stay…and I recommend this place for single travellers like me.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

We delighted to see that you enjoyed your experience with us. We cannot agree more with your statement “but looks are really deceiving”, we are a very narrow building! We hope to have you back with us when you are next in Chicago!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I recently made a trip to Chicago on fairly short notice and stayed at the Comfort Suites on Michigan Ave. On past trips we have stayed at either the Raphaeloo or the Burnham but decided to try something new, in large part due to cost. We were not disappointed...the hotel has a small floor plate on the higher floors so there are only 4 rooms per floor, each a corner room. The room was huge for a downtown hotel in a major city...a kitchen, living room and bedroom. It even had a small washer & dryer which I've never seen in a hotel room.
The King bed was very comfortable, the views great and the staff couldn't have been more helpful or hospitable. Great location on Michigan Ave. just a half block south of Wacker Drive.
Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

We delighted to see that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the kind compliments on our team members and our location. We look forward to having you with us again when you are next in Chicago.