“Cozy & Affordable with great view of Chicago”

Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop
Ranked #52 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We really enjoyed our recent stay at Comfort Suites on Michigan Avenue in Chicago. Our room had a great view of the river, and the historic skyline. For the price, you cannot ask for more than the suite we stayed in. The breakfast buffet was OK, but nothing wonderful, and with so many other breakfast locations nearby (Wildberries, etc), no big deal. The hotel is not exactly centrally located, as it is slightly in the South of the city, but it is certainly walking distance from a lot of what you would see, and for the price, wonderfully located. The staff was always upbeat and very helpful. Much more so than most big city lobbies. I recommend it.

Room Tip: Corner rooms high up (we stayed on 12th floor) have a great City view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Hello,
Thank you so much for your review. We truly appreciate you spending time with us and uploading photos of your Chicago view! I will be sure to pass along your compliment to the staff. When you are next in Chicago, I would love to welcome you back. Please feel free to contact me directly for your next reservation.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed here for several days over my kids' spring break. Location is ideal, walking distance or a short ride from anywhere you want to go in the city. Easy access to buses to museum campus. Breakfast was very good and plentiful, eggs, sausage or bacon, make your own waffles, plus fruit, yogurt, bagels and pastries available every day. We had a Queen suite and were surprised by how large it was for a Chicago hotel. Very comfortable for us and our 2 kids. Every member of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, you can tell that customer service is important to them. Our only negative experience was with the valet parking; not the hotel's fault as it is shared with the Hard Rock hotel next door. If we went back, would definitely elect the self parking option. We chose this hotel for its location and because of the included breakfast, a good value overall. Convenient to have a fridge and microwave in the room, but we did not use the oven or washer/dryer.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor to be farther from traffic noise on Michigan Avenue.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Hello,
Thank you so much for your review. We truly appreciate you spending your spring break vacation with us! I’m thrilled that you enjoyed the location and your Queen Suite and that you enjoyed our customer service. I do apologize about the parking situation. Please do not hesitate to contact me for your next Chicago trip!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We enjoyed our short stay in Chicago, which was made even better by the wonderful staff of this hotel, especially Amanda Miranda and Brandon Peyton who were on duty the day we checked in. They were so friendly and helpful. They treated us like family every time we walked in the door. If we return to Chicago someday, we would stay here again. The location is great and the room was clean and comfortable! Thanks!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello,
Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and will be sure to pass along your kind compliments – they will make Amanda and Brandon’s day! When you are next in Chicago, please do not hesitate to contact Amanda, Brandon or I directly so I can ensure you next experience is just as special.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Just returned from a fun escape to the Windy City. Our daughter and husband were with us and we paid a return visit to this EXCELLENT hotel. Beautiful rooms, clean, gorgeous views from the 21st floor of Michigan Avenue and the River. Staff that went out of their way to please, everyone, sooooo friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, all the time, from the time we checked in to the time we left. Stored our bags, went out of their way to get us the rooms we desired, and again, helped us enjoy our 2 days in Chicago. Excellent hotel, excellent value, excellent location, safe, clean, wonderful. We love you, all, Leydia, Cecila, Erin and others whose names we don't have.

Room Tip: Higher floors, corner, Queen rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello,
Thank you so much for your review. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and will be sure to pass along your kind compliments to the staff! When you are next in Chicago, please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can ensure you next experience is just as special.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

The Comfort Suites not only provided exceptional customer service but had a room we could have never thought was attainable in the heart of Chicago.

My husband and I were strapped finding a spot to stay for a conference he was attending in mid-March. Luckily, we stumbled upon the Comfort Suites. The price was reasonable and we secured our reservation. Upon arriving a week and a half later, we were happily greeted by a member of the concierge. We were "upgraded" to a room with a view (please keep in mind some rooms have no view) and provided directions to our room.

My husband opened the door and (before I could see in the room) exclaimed, "you have got to be kidding me". Since I could not see what he was talking about, my heart dropped. Then, I understood. The room seemed to go on for forever. They do not take the title "suites" lightly. Coming from a major city, and having traveled in numerous large cities, we were expecting the typical bed with a kitchenette if we were lucky. Instead, we were surprised with a fully functioning kitchen/eating area, full living room and bedroom. This hotel room was larger than our first two apartments, no lie. Needless to say, we enjoyed the 5 day stay to the utmost extent.

For more nitty-gritty details, our room was spotless. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was great. The location is PERFECT. Easy access to all downtown tourist spots. As I said before, but deserves repeating, the concierge crew were exceptional. Friendly but not intrusive. Really, I have nothing but praise for the Comfort Suites.

When we find our way back to Chicago, we know where we will be staying. Perfect all around.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Natalie F, General Manager at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding our staff. They take great pride in taking care of our guests and I will be sure to pass along your compliments. When you are next in Chicago, we would love to welcome you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me for your next reservation.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

The location of this hotel is excellent, right on Michigan Ave. on the edge of everything you would want to do in Chicago. And the rooms are enormous by Chicago standards with a complete kitchen (nice size four-burner stove, refrigerator, dishwasher). The views are excellent off the front of the building as well -- along Michigan Avenue. There are two nice flat screen televisions.
But I was a bit disappointed by the state of the rooms. They are not dirty, just a bit tatty like they need to be refreshed. The carpet is worn, the bathrooms are small and need updating.
Staff was OK.
Overall, a good hotel if you can get it at a good price. Don't expect luxury, but it is a good location with huge rooms.

Room Tip: Grab a room on a higher floor as Michigan Avenue is very busy and the traffic can keep you awake.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I appreciate your honest feedback regarding your room condition. I do apologize and assure you we will continue to work to ensure all rooms are in perfect condition. I was happy you enjoyed the location and our views! When you are next in Chicago, we would love to welcome you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me for your next reservation.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

You do not normally associate a hotel of this quality with this brand name But with Comfort Suites Chicago is the happy exception. We had a exceptionally spacious room on the 25th floor with only the penthouse above us. This highly recommended property is a short walk from the Art Institute, Blue Chicago, the River Walk and some great dining. Do ask for a room on the higher floors, but even here the sounds of street musicians may not always be welcome. Hailing a cab on N. Michigan can be a challenge, if you just walk around the corner to the Hard Rock Hotel there is a cab stand there that can make your life a bit easier.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am delighted that you found us to be a top quality hotel for our brand! When you are next in Chicago, we would love to welcome you back. Please do not hesitate to contact me for your next reservation.