“Clean Spacious Suites”

Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop
Ranked #53 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The front desk staff is friendly and efficient. The suites are outdated but clean. The bed was very comfortable. The thermostat was set on 90 degrees when I got into the room so it was very hot and dry. I lowered the temp and put a pot of water to boil on the stove and that helped. The bathroom amenities were a little strong on fragrance for my liking but that's just me. Breakfast was typical free breakfast fare. Nothing extraordinary but filling. Coffee was Royal Cup which I always enjoy. Check out was simple, just drop off your room key and go.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors to get a nice view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Thank you for your recent stay. I am pleased you enjoyed our staff and awesome views. Come see us again soon!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Value for money place. Very big suites, Location is huge advantage being on Michigan Ave with very short distance to Millennium Park, Navy Pier, Magnificent Mile....Nice staff... Free breakfast was really very well done. Kudos to the staff and owners...Keep it up.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank drdkgupta
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you so very much for your review and for allowing us to host you. I too just love our location and outgoing staff. Please contact me directly when you are ready to return!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

We had such a wonderful experience. Even though we only stayed for one night, the stay was seamless from check-in to check-out. We were greeted by a very pleasant and amicable front desk personnel, Nadar, who really seemed to take great pride in his work and in the hotel. He even called to make sure that the room was up to par. Being a chicago native, seeing the city skyline is not a new site. However, our room had a view that would make any native chicagoan feel like they were seeing the city for the first time. Great location, great guest services, spacious and clean room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in the heart of the city.

Room Tip: Choose the queen room over the king room. It is actually a larger room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ekua D

Thank you for the recommendation. I am thrilled Nadar and the rest of our team took such wonderful care of you and that you were so impressed with our views and location. Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend. Noticed right away the friendliness of the staff. They were polite, helpful and quickly responsive to all out needs. Our room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The location was convenient to area attractions. The breakfast was good. I would recommend getting there before 8:30 as they were out of many things by 8:45. The only reason I am not giving this hotel a "excellent" rating is that the facility is somewhat worn, but as I mentioned early, it was very clean, comfortable and in a good location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

I am pleased you found us clean, comfortable and a great location. I am so happy our team took such great care of you. Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This hotel was fantastic. It's basically an apartment equipped with full kitchen and washer and dryer. Nice view of the river and excellent location!!! I will only stay at this hotel when visiting Chicago now. Cannot beat the price.

• Stayed: December 2012

I am so glad you found our hotel fantastic and that we will be your 1st hotel choice in Chicago. Please contact me directly when you are ready to return!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

I went to Chicago in January 2013 with a colleague of mine for a Conference. We spent 6 nights at Comfort Suites on N Michigan Av. It was a great stay! We had a very large room, with two queen beds and a lot of free space. There were also a kitchen, a small room with the ironing board and the strongbox, and two wardrobes. The only defect was that the washbasin was out of the small bathroom (it was in a discreet area of the room anyway). Wi-fi worked and breakfast was rich in my opinion. I ate a lot of donuts and yogurts. My collegue cooked everyday his waffle. Nonetheless, I really appreciated the kindness of the personnel at the front desk, in particular of Nadir and Shon (I hope to remember their names correctly). They were so friendly and lovable the first night when I arrived and I had to wait for my colleague who had booked the room. Shon, your suggestions were perfect! Nadir, come and visit Italy asap.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

I am so thrilled you found our staff so helpful and friendly. Thank you for your business and I am pleased you found our hotel comfortable and productive for your convention. Please visit us again.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is a gem of a location in the heart of Chicago. I highly recommend it. The staff is friendly and dedicated to customer service. I left my cell phone charger in the room and it was mailed to me promptly.

Room Tip: If you like the sights and sounds of the city like me, ask for a room facing Michigan Ave.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thank you for the recommendation, I am so pleased you found your stay excellent and that we provided great service. Please visit us again soon!