“Awesome service and location”

Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop
Ranked #49 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
“Awesome service and location”
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Patrick Kennedy is really awesome, he took care of our reservations very well. We stayed there twice, from the first time I booked our room from Bangkok Thailand on Dec. 2012 and from the time we were in Brentwood Tennessee on Jan. 2013, and our rooms were upgraded too! Thank you so much Patrick. Not only that, the staff also in the reception area are all friendly and courteous. Our taxis were taken cared of too. What an amazing service!

The location in North Michigan Avenue is superb for shopping, the centennial park, and the loop. The suites that we stayed at were nicely decorated, equipped with kitchen facilities, living and dining area, and very clean. The reception area is small but the friendly atmosphere makes up for it.

We will definitely stay in Comfort Suites again the next time we come back home!

Room Tip: Check out the reviews before deciding to stay.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review. I am thrilled you enjoyed our service, location and amenities. Please contact me when you are ready to visit us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (465)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
milwaukee
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The friendly staff and awesome accommodations made this a great night away from home! The views are magnificent and the beds are like clouds! I have never had a bad experience when staying at this location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank deseraecc
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I so much enjoyed reading your review and we are grateful for your repeat business. Please visit us again soon!
grand prairie,tx
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Service was good. location at Michigan and Wacker is great for both the loop and Michigan Ave. I had a one bedroom suite that was nicely but not elaborately furnished. There was a kitchette with basic cooking equipment.

The lobby is small and really only adequete for check in and out very limited seating. Business center is adequete, good fitness center, and breakfast area.

If you're looking for a bargin and a reasonable place to stay this is it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay and for your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed our service, please contact me when you are ready to return!
Mahomet, Illinois, United States
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great location! Close to Grant Park and Chicago River. Lots of shopping and night life in the area. Breakfast was very good and room was very clean with great view of the downtown area. If you are on business downtown Chicago this is great hotel. Staff was very efficient and helpful to our needs which was refreshing in Chicago. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: 24th floor was great!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for selecting our hotel for your business travel needs. I am so glad you enjoyed our unbeatable location and outgoing staff. Please visit us again soon!
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I had my wedding at downtown and Comfort Suites was near the venue. My room was beautiful and has one of the most incredible views of the city.
The staff made me feel at home, the were very caring about all my needs for this special day. I will always have like the more important place in my life.
Kudos to every single front desk, housekeeping and management staff that treated all my guests and bride mates like they know them for years.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for entrusting us to host you and your family during such a special moment in your life. I am ecstatic that our staff was so outgoing and provided such amazing service. We hope to welcome you back during your 1st anniversary.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Beautiful property right on the Magnificent Mile with street views and awesome spaces!
Never had views and wonderful suites like these anyweher on the "Mile"! The staff was amazing! Had taken my sis and her husband with us for a couole days as a gift and she became very ill. The staff gave me a hand written telephone number before I even left the lobby for an Urgent Care that was close. Upon calling, the urgent care understood how sick she was and sent a concierge Dr within minutes. He was wnderful, and called back to follow up and even returned the next day.
for more care. I have stayed at alot of properties on Mag Mile, but, this is my new suite of choice from now on. I suggest you try this place! They ROCK the Magnificent Mile and more with incredble service and care! Very Clean, and welcoming!

Room Tip: Rooms on the Magnificent Mile view side are INCREDIBLE! Staff Rocks - they go above and beyond to...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
I so much enjoyed reading your review. I like to think we "rock" too. I am thrilled our staff was so attentive and you enjoyed our awesome views. Contact me directly when you are ready to book your next stay, thank you!
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We spent one night at the Comfort Suites on Michigan Avenue and considering that I paid about $85 on Priceline, it was an excellent deal.
Pro: The staff is very welcoming and friendly. Coffee and water (with lemon) are available at all times. The location is very central, right on Michigan and Wacker. The room was huge (and clean), two beds, a kitchen with a bar and stools, pantry area for food, washer/dryer, walk in closet off the bathroom. Free breakfast in the morning. This hotel would be great for a family with kids.
Con: The rooms (at least our room) are dated and in need of an upgrade. There was mold on the ceiling above the shower and the window overlooking Michigan Avenue was grimy. The decor is very basic, no frills. The breakfast area is small and the offerings pretty underwhelming. Again, nothing really wrong with it, just very average.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade, the staff will at least give it a shot.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your suite, our helpful and accomodating staff and our superior location. We truly appreciate your business and please contact me directly when returning to Chicago.