“Great stay at this Comfort Suites”

Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop
Ranked #50 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
Northern Indiana
“Great stay at this Comfort Suites”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Came to Chicago right before Christmas and got a good deal and had a great stay at this facility. It's right on Michigan and is a couple blocks north of Millenium Park and barely a block south of the River. This is the second time we've stayed here and both times were great.The room faced directly onto Michigan Ave, the rate was reasonable and the staff extremely friendly and accomodating. A complimentary hot and diversified breakfast was provided and the room was of excellent quality. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful with any and all matters. We'll definitey stop back on our next trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
We value your repeat business and am so glad you will come visit us again. I very much enjoyed reading your review and we are happy you found our staff friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed our unbeatable location. Please contact me directly to arrange your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I travel for work and have stayed in many hotels. Great hotels, not so great hotels, and average all the same. This is by FAR the nicest hotel ive ever stayed in. Not only is it clean but everything was perfect. Will def. Be staying here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your recent stay and for the review. I am go glad you enjoyed our helpful staff and location. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Riverton, Illinois
Reviewed December 19, 2012

A GREAT place to stay. Close to everything. Staff VERY helpful and friendly. Even hailed a cab for us when we left. Room was large, and comfortable. FULL kitchen and even a washer and dryer in bedroom. Bus line and "L" close.

Room Tip: Breakfast outstanding.
2 Thank James C
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am so pleased that your stay was awesome and that you enjoyed our convenient city center location and accomodating staff. Please visit us again soon!
East Moline
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I cannot say enough good about this hotel!! We were greeted with a smile and treated like royalty by all the staff. I cannot think of any complaint. The front desk clerks were some of the very best. I have stayed at some of the most expensive hotels on Michigan Ave, the front desk clerks could take some lessons from the Comfort Suites staff. Everyone was so very helpful and friendly here. The housekeeping was some of the very best. Our suite sparkled and not one complaint. The bed was probably just like home. Parking is very easy, its about half a block away and very reasonably priced.($37) The morning breakfast was more than enough! We will make this hotel our place to stay everytime we go to Chicago. Book this hotel, you will be glad that you did.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
WOW, I so much enjoyed reading your review. I am so thrilled our staff impressed you so much and that you enjoyed our hotel and features. Please contact me when you are ready to return and I can make the arrangments for you. Thank you again!
Moab
Reviewed December 15, 2012

The CSC are a short walk from the El and convenniently located on the Michigan Avenue.
The receptionist was very helpful, my reservation was handled correctly. The room was in seventh floor with two broad beds, nicel matrassed and some pillows.
Private bath, in room safe, wardrobe, a full equipped kitchen (coffemaker, frideg/freezer, oven, cleaner/dryer) as well as a desk, complimentary LAN/Wireless, drawers, tv and spenough to space to move around in the room are provided.
Winter in windy city was a new experience for me, I have been there only in summertime. But room heating and hot water are everytime avaiable.
The gym is medium sized, no dumbbelss, but cycle, cross trainer, running conveyor and muscle machine are avalable, towels and water is provided, as well as fan and tv.
The breaky room is also midsized, but that gives a nice atmosphere. Offered are bagels, donuts, blueberry cakes, selfmade waffles, fried eggs, sausages or breakfast meat, yoghurt, juices, dereals, coffe, milk and fresh fruit. Breaky is buffet.
At least, everything I need with acceptable price, even for Chicago..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for seleting us to host you while in Chicago for business. I am so pleased you enjoyed our staff, location and hotel features. Please contact directly to make your return arrangements.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Staff here are fantastic - property is older but remodeled nicely - rooms spacious and comfortable - 2 issues prevent an excellent rating: 1) the hotel is in the middle of the block and parking is around the side of the block - we used the valet service at the Hard Rock Hotel. Not a real issue until we had to haul our luggae in the rain to pick up our car. 2) the hotel uses Ethostream internet portal - I have had issues getting on at other Comfort Suites and this was no exception (staff at all acknowledge that Ethostream can be an issue) - once on it works well - but - you occasionally get bumped off and must log in again. I would stay here again if I did not have a car to park.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
I truly appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback and for your recent stay. I am pleased you enjoyed our location and staff. Please contact me directly when returning to Chicago, thank you!
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I was blown away when I had stayed at the Comfort Suites. It's true what they say... location, location, location.... with the hotel located right on Michigan Avenue, you'll have some fantastic views and you're within walking distance to everything. The rooms are incredibly spacious, open and it has all the amenities you'll need. My room even had a washer and dryer! The hotel is obviously well maintained and is quite busy... it's the place to be for sure! Probably the biggest plus to this hotel is the staff.... Wow! very friendly, outgoing, fun and helpful....kudos to the manager, as they really know the meaning of customer service and they get it. Thanks for making my stay so memorable, and I definitely will be back!

Room Tip: Some of the corner rooms offer exceptionally great views of the city!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am so pleased you were blown away with your stay. Please contact me when returning and I will make your arrangements.