“Always well taken care of...”

Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop
Ranked #51 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
cincinnati
“Always well taken care of...”
Reviewed August 25, 2011

When I travel to Chicago this sis the only place I will stay. I have had some difficult times traveling to this large city over the past four years. When I found this Comfort Suites things became easier. They remembered me. The staff always makes me feel welcomed and well taken care of.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Thank you for your repeat business and for your kind words. We value our loyal guests and are always here to serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (475)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Revere, Massachusetts

My husband & I have stayed at the Comfort Suites on many occasions
The most recent being Aug 6th & Aug 18th&19th
The staff is very helpful & friendly
the suites are always clean & very comfortable
the location is fantastic and it's a great value
Next time we are in Chicago that's where we'll stay
Mr & Mrs S

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Mr. and Mrs. S. I loved reading your review and am so glad you continue to visit us and that you find our hotel to be a gem with great staff and a great location. We cannot wait to welcome you both back. Thank you!
Redlands, California
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I have stayed in Chicago many, many times. I have paid for more expensive and less expensive hotels. This hotel hands down gave me the best value for my money. I was there with my husband and two adult children. The rooms are very large, I had at least three closets, one HUGE closet with a safe, a full size kitchen and a great view of Michigan Ave and the river! Location, location, location! This place is in the middle of everything. The room was clean when we arrived, check in took two minutes if that. Our shower pressure was not real good (3 girls with long hair :/). I told the clerk at the front desk and they immediately showed up at my door with a new showerhead! (yes!). That solved that problem! Toilet flushes good, sink was slow to drain. (Sorry I'm a girl I notice everything!).
We were on the 22nd floor, heard NO noise at all from inside or outside. There are only 5 or 6(?) rooms per floor, hallway is small, so you don't have a ton of people walking outside your door (in fact I never heard anybody). Breakfast was good, if you're picky you probably won't be crazy about it but you will find something you'll eat as there was always fresh fruit, yogurt, and oatmeal in addition to the make-your-own waffles and eggs(fake??, not sure)/bacon or sausage.
Did I mention the washer and dryer in the room, this was GREAT. I didn't have to pack as much, I brought some laundry soap from home and did laundry while there (cool!).
When we woke up on the last day there was a receipt of the bill under the door (sweet!), check-out was just setting my hotel key cards on the desk as we walked out the door, that's it. Free internet in the room, they provide the ethernet cord (it's not wireless), I had brought my own ethernet cord but didn't need it. I've already made reservations for my daughter who is returning in a few months for another visit. The ONLY improvement I would make is changing the curtains in the room to black-out curtains (cuz I like to sleep in just a little :)). Don't hesitate on this one, you'll be glad you didn't.

Room Tip: I asked for a room with a view of river when I checked in and got it. Don't forget you're la...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Joy W
I am so grateful for your business and review, I very much enjoyed reading your comments. I thank you for booking a reservation for your daughter and we will take wonderful care of her. Whenever coming back to Chicago please contact me directly to make your arrangements.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed August 23, 2011

The hotel was very accommodating to all our needs. It was centrally located to all transportation and within walking distance of lots of activities. The staff was fantastic. Convention that I was attending was .4 of a mile and our accommodations were a much better deal than even the convention rates for the hotel where the convention was being held. If I'm ever in Chicago again I plan on staying at the Comfort Suites on North Michigan Avenue.

Room Tip: The suite was spacious and very clean. I especially liked the availability of the washer/dryer.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for selecting us to host your during your convention. I am glad you found great value at our hotel and that you enjoyed the location and washer/dryer. We cannot wait to welcome you back.
White Plains, New York
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Never, I repeat, never, have I ever experienced the personal attention I received at this hotel. The director of sales (Patrick) and sales manager (Kristina) went over and above to make sure that my stay was the best it could be. I was upgraded to a 2 BR suite and they bought me tickets to a Cubs game (which I reimbursed them). Their willingness to help plan my days were unparalleled.

This hotel is a tremendous value, considering its ideal location on Michigan Avenue and its price which includes a small breakfast.

I recommend it without any reservation.

Room Tip: Simply ask Patrick Kennedy, the director of sales
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Thank you Jeff for your kind words and for your business. It was a joy helping you and your family plan your Chicago trip, both Kristina and I would like to have you all come back and visit us again next summer!
Indiana
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Perhaps my expectations were a little too high after reading glowing reviews here and on Yelp but I thought this hotel was merely satisfactory. We stayed here a few weeks ago while we were in town for a wedding and although I was not expecting luxury (it is a Comfort Inn after all), I was definitely expecting it to be one of the nicest Comfort Inns I've stayed in, and I don't think it was.

Location: Location really can't be beat - in the loop, on Michigan Ave, near the river and Near North Side. This is one of the primary benefits of the hotel.

Rooms: Although the rooms are all suites, they are not much bigger than a standard hotel room (it looked like a normal hotel room but with a wall between the bed and couch). I think the room would be fantastic if you are staying for a week or more, because it includes a fridge, microwave, mini-stove and washer/dryer. As a family, you could definitely save quite a bit of money by not having to go out for every meal. HOwever, we were only in the city for a couple days and wanted to go out to eat, so we didn't take advantage of any of the extended stay features. I also thought the room looked a bit dated. While it was perfectly clean, they were some stains on fabric and scratches on appliances or furniture so it didn't look super modern. We were on the 10th floor and had no view to speak of (a tiny slice of river, but mostly parking garages).

Breakfast Buffet: This hotel includes a complimentary continental breakfast and even though the selection is similar to most other Comfort Inns (make-your-own waffles, eggs, toast, muffins) I found the quality not that great.

Staff: The staff was pretty friendly and was very helpful in recommending a nice beach within walking distance. They did give us incomplete directions when we asked how to get to the airport on the El.

Misc:
-Internet was free and worked very well (wifi & hookup)
-Elevators were very small and horrendously slow, which made getting up to the room a pain sometimes - its hard to walk up 10 flights of stairs!
-Hotel is totally smoke-free, which is awesome!!
-No pool :(

Bottom line: We had a perfectly pleasant stay here, but I think you can probably get an equally nice room for less money ($170 per night on a summer weekend with a AAA rate), especially if you're not super concerned with location (we wanted to be within walking distance of the wedding venue).

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ahm5885
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, August 23, 2011
Thank you for sharing your review and for your business. While I am sorry you did not have the experience most of our guests do, I am glad you enjoyed our location and staff. We do hope you will try us again in the future.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed here in July for 2 nights, coming straight from the airport on the Blue line we found the hotel not too bad to walk to from the station and it was so close to everything we didn't need a car until we left Chicago, the only time we needed to use the train was to get to the Cubs game. The suite was huge and had everything we could possibly need, including a washer and dryer, and we had a wonderful view from the 24th floor of the river and Michigan Avenue. To give a balanced review, the only down side was the internet, which was barely accessible from our room. Breakfast was typical of free breakfasts everywhere, and we bought our own healthier fruit option, but having said that we don't choose a hotel on the quality of its breakfast, or even its internet service, and next time we visit Chicago, this hotel will be our first choice.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this review, August 20, 2011
I'm so glad we will be your first choice of hotel when returning back to Chicago. I am glad you enjoyed your view, room and our services. Please come back soon. Thank you.