“Very Nice Hotel”

Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop
Ranked #54 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed April 30, 2011

The service and the staff of this hotel is outstanding.
The location cannot be beaten in downtown Chicago.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate and value your business and hope you will select us when returning to Chicago.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,918)

Reviewed April 29, 2011

This was our family's first Family Vacation. We had a wonderful time. The room was very clean and comfortable. The minute we got to the hotel the staff was very helpful. They told us where we could park our car and checked us in very quickly. When we got to the room we laid down to rest and the bed was so comfortable. We had a kitchenette which was helpful because we have a young child so we could store his meals and milk. Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. We enjoyed our stay very much. We stayed downtown on Michigan street. There were great restaurants nearby as well as great shops. We visited the museum and aquarium. We also went to the John Hancock Observatory and Wills Tower. We had such a great time we stayed an extra night. The staff was wonderful at accommodating us for an extra stay at the last minute. I have nothing bad to say about the hotel except there was construction nearby going on early in the morning somewhere nearby the hotel and it would wake us up, but we realized the hotel couldn't do anything about it. We are going back this summer and we will be staying at the hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

I very much enjoyed reading your review. I am so glad our staff was able to make your first family trip a memorable one and that our location and amenities helped you take advantage of the top sites in Chicago. Thank you for your business and review, we hope you make it an annual trip!

Reviewed April 25, 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights in April so we could visit musuems, navy pier, skydeck etc. The location was perfect as we were a few blocks from the train & metro line. The front desk staff were adequate but did not go out of their way to make you feel special as most Hampton chain hotels do. The foyer and elevator lobbies are very cramped but once you go into your your room you are greeted by a huge multi room type of suite. The decor is old but still clean and welcoming. The view from our 6th floor facing Nth Michigan Ave was good although the windows had not been washed for many months. Breakfast was included which included a good selection to start the day with. I booked online a few months earlier to save some money. If you need a large room for a family then this hotel is perfect. There was also a washer/dryer in each room.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2011

Thank you for your review, we appreciate the business. I am so glad you enjoyed our location and found your suite comfortable. I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2011

Next time I come to Chicago, I am definitely staying at Comfort Suites again. The location is great, front desk was friendly and helpful, FREE breakfast, and a kitchen in your room! My favorite part was the separate living room and bedroom. My wife always wakes up REALLY early and this way she was able to go out in the living room, make some coffee and read her book while I was able to sleep in a little bit. Hotel is also near Millennium Park and right by the train to take you to Wrigley. My wife and I had a great weekend in Chicago thanks to Comfort Suites!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2011

I enjoyed reading your review and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I agree, I think having a separate living and sleeping area is such an awesome feature. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our location to explore Chicago’s best attractions. Thank you for your business and please come back soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2011

My best friend from college and I had a guys weekend in Chicago the weekend of March 18-20. We stayed at the Comfort Suites off Michigan Avenue in downtown Chicago. I found this gem of a hotel online but still wanted to be sure I knew what I was getting my self into so I checked the reviews on Trip Advisor. Almost all the reviews on Trip Advisor were positive, so I made our reservation.

When we arrived, we of course checked in, and while checking in the gal who checked us in stated "we have a surprise for you". I thought "oh boy what does this mean?" I asked her "what surprise"? She said - we have upgraded you for free to the PENTHOUSE SUITE...Our jaws dropped to the floor at that point, we were stunned. So we got checked in and when we got to the room we could not believe it...It was awesome! We were on the top floor (26th) & had a balcony with an awesome view of Michigan Ave. The suite itself was awesome - we each had our own bedroom and bath. There was a kitchen, fridge, living area with sofas, washer/dryer, flat screen TVs, everything 2 buddies on a guys weekend could ask for. And to top it off it was spic & span clean. The location of the hotel is great - close to a 7/11 where we bought some liquor and a there was a Walgreens right next door. Also there are some restaurants close by that made it easy for us to grab lunch. The staff was very courteous and helpful. They really made our stay in Chicago that weekend wonderful.

I will be going to Chicago again this summer and I will definitely be staying at this hotel. I am recommending this hotel to anyone who asks me where to stay in downtown Chicago.

Cheers!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2011

Thank you for your review and kind comments. I am so glad we were able to create a memorable experience for you and that you found our hotel to be a gem. We cannot wait to welcome you back and please feel free to contact me directly to secure your return reservations. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed April 18, 2011

I recently stayed at the Comfort Suites for an annual girls weekend. We booked the hotel due to the central location and huge suites, but our experience went well beyond what we expected. The staff was friendly, the rooms were very private and clean, and the daily breakfast was great! My favorite part of the stay was the view - the floor to ceiling windows overlooking Michigan Avenue and the Chicago river just can't be beat. I'll definitely recommend Comfort Suites to my friends and family whenever they are in Chicago.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2011

Thank you for the review and for recommending us to your friends and family. I am happy you were able to soak up the sweeping downtown Chicago views and that you found your suite spacious and clean. We hope to welcome you back next year for your annual girls weekend.

Reviewed April 17, 2011

I have traveled a lot - throughout half the world and this was by far one of THE best experiences I have ever had. The reception and check in and the Bellman were all happy and pleasant and most importantly solicitous of my needs. I loved the experience - Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

We truly appreciate your review. I am personally ecstatic that our staff was able to help create a memorable stay for you that ranks as one of your best hotel experiences. I thank you for your business and kind comments and hope to greet you personally upon your next stay.