“Incredible value, best location, spacious rooms, amazing staff!”

Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop
Ranked #52 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed March 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel 18 months ago, and liked it so much that when I knew was visiting Chicago again this was the only choice - and I'm so glad I came back!
I was very late getting to Chicago - my train was delayed by 8 hours - and when I contacted the front desk to tell them that I was on my way and not to cancel my reservation, I was reassured by the very friendly staff. When I eventually arrived at half past midnight, the welcome I received was lovely. The room was amazing, with great views of the Tribune building, and I couldn't get over how big the room was. The bed was very comfortable, I had everything I needed to cook, and the washer/dryer was the icing on the cake. Breakfast was also fine, although I'm glad I didn't wait till the last minute to go down to get it, as the food was running out!

This hotel would be perfect, apart from a couple of little things:
- there's only two lifts, and there's 25 floors. This meant having to wait quite a while sometimes to get on the lift, and this wasn't helped by the cleaning staff wheeling their carts on at the same time as people were checking out. My suggestion is that the staff either bring the carts up early, or wait until after the checkout/going out rush to bring them up.
- the server at breakfast was quite abrupt - which surprised me as the rest of the staff were so pleasant.
- Free WiFi was great, as was the computer and printer in the lobby. However, the WiFi didn't work in my room on the 21st floor.

These are all minor things though, and overall this is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Next time I'm in Chicago I'll definitely be booking this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank kme123
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are happy to read you received a warm welcome from our staff and you enjoyed your interactions with our team. I am glad you chose us to host you for your return trip to Chicago. We value your business and hope to welcome you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop

Reviewed March 7, 2011

We travel to Chicago often always staying in a suite to accomodate our group size that at different times includes our kids, friends, or other family members. We've stayed in the Embassy Suites (both locations), The Omni, Homewood Suites, Marriott Springhill Suites and others that are not as easily coming to mind. The Comfort Suites on Michigan Avenue ranks among the best of any of these all suite properties mentioned. The location is perfect - right in the middle of Mich Ave and State St shopping, a short walk to amazing restaurants and bars - we spend most of our time in River North but you can walk anywhere from here. Our room had a balcony with beautiful views of the river and Wrigley Building. And as an added bonus breakfast is free - We will stay at the Comfort Suites on our next trip to Chicago!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2011

Thank you for selecting us to host you during your trip to Chicago and for choosing us again for your next trip to Chicago. We are so happy you found value at our hotel and that you rank us among the best. We are grateful for your business and kind words and I hope to meet you in person when you return.

Reviewed March 7, 2011

A few of my friends and I stayed at the comfort suites for NYE 2010 and we were so amazed by the suite that we booked. It was beautiful, plus we had a great view of downtown Chicago. The suite was clean from ceiling to floor. The kitchen, bathrooms, and bedrooms were spotless!!! The staff at the hotel were awesome, they did not hesitate to assist us when needed. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends

The team at Comfort Suites is so appreciative for your comments and for your patronage. I was happy to read how clean and comfortable you found our suites and in additional how friendly our staff was. We hope you make your New Years Eve plans a tradition and allow us to create another memorable experience for you this year.

Reviewed March 5, 2011

We decided to book this hotel after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed! The rooms were clean and had many amenities (including a washer and dryer in the room which is a first for us.) The beds were comfortable and the cosy. The wifi was was speedy even though there was a minor annoyance with the log in screen. The breakfast was OK (nothing too fancy) and we would recommend people arrive early since the breakfast area is small and gets a little crazy.

Overall, we would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2011

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your experience. We are happy you found your suite comfortable and that our rooms exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your business and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 1, 2011

This is our second stay at this hotel. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The front desk staff greeted us by name the next day. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The bed was great. We were visiting our granddaughter who lives in Chicago. There was plenty of room for her to visit us and just hang out. The kitchen was handy for storing and eating our leftovers. The hot breakfast was good, but go early since it gets crowded you can take your food to your suite as well. Great location. Make sure you read the parking instructions on the hotel web site. It was not a problem but you need to know ahead of time. As usual, we had wonderful meals in Chicago. We shall return and stay at the Comfort Suites on Michigan again.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2011

Thank you for your continued business. We truly appreciate your review and are glad you experienced the excellent guest services we strive to provide daily. I am happy you found our suites comfortable, large and appointed with nice amenities. When returning to Chicago to visit your granddaughter please contact me directly so I can help you make your arrangements.

Reviewed March 1, 2011

We stayed for 3 nights. The suite was very roomy; plenty of space to sleep or entertain 4 comfortably. The views were outstanding! The free breakfast was good, albeit pretty crowded when we ate. The elevators were adequate, although we did have a little bit of a wait during the breakfast rush. The staff was very friendly; they even held our bags the day we checked out, as we didn't leave Chicago until late that night. Overall, this was an excellent value for the money. I've already recommended it to a friend who is travelling to Chicago soon.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2011

Thank you for recommending us to your friend and for selecting us to accommodate you while in Chicago. I was happy to read you had an enjoyable experience and like our sweeping downtown views and breakfast. Please come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed February 28, 2011

my wife and i took a weekend trip to chicago to do some sightseeing and visit friends. this hotel was within walking distance to many restaraunts, the Art Institute, Millinium Park, and the Miracle Mile. I was a little skeptical about driving and staying in the middle of Chicago with all the traffic/tourists but after talking to Mr. Kennedy at Comfort Suites he assured me it would be worth the effort and he was right. We look forward to coming back again next summer.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
patrickwalshkennedy, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2011

We thank you for your review and for your recent stay. I am so glad you decided to stay with us in the heart of downtown and that you found our location worth it to be so close to all of Chicago's best attractions. We hope you will visit us again soon.