I stayed at this hotel 18 months ago, and liked it so much that when I knew was visiting Chicago again this was the only choice - and I'm so glad I came back!
I was very late getting to Chicago - my train was delayed by 8 hours - and when I contacted the front desk to tell them that I was on my way and not to cancel my reservation, I was reassured by the very friendly staff. When I eventually arrived at half past midnight, the welcome I received was lovely. The room was amazing, with great views of the Tribune building, and I couldn't get over how big the room was. The bed was very comfortable, I had everything I needed to cook, and the washer/dryer was the icing on the cake. Breakfast was also fine, although I'm glad I didn't wait till the last minute to go down to get it, as the food was running out!
This hotel would be perfect, apart from a couple of little things:
- there's only two lifts, and there's 25 floors. This meant having to wait quite a while sometimes to get on the lift, and this wasn't helped by the cleaning staff wheeling their carts on at the same time as people were checking out. My suggestion is that the staff either bring the carts up early, or wait until after the checkout/going out rush to bring them up.
- the server at breakfast was quite abrupt - which surprised me as the rest of the staff were so pleasant.
- Free WiFi was great, as was the computer and printer in the lobby. However, the WiFi didn't work in my room on the 21st floor.
These are all minor things though, and overall this is one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Next time I'm in Chicago I'll definitely be booking this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the award-winning Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue Chicago. Located in the heart of downtown Chicago on North Michigan Avenue. Select from a range of beautifully designed studio, one- and two-bedroom downtown Chicago suites featuring nearly twice the space of the typical hotel room at a better value. Spacious and distinctly contemporary, each Chicago hotel suite blends the full range of guest amenities and services with an upscale residential feel and sweeping downtown views. Enjoy home-style comforts such as full kitchens, washers and dryers, complimentary high-speed Internet, and flat panel LCD televisions. Outside, the Windy City's best shopping, dining, and entertainment - including the famed Magnificent Mile - are just steps from our front door. Venture out and explore all that makes up our extraordinary city! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Comfort Suites Michigan Avenue / Loop reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Hotel Chicago
- Comfort Suites Chicago
- Chicago Comfort Suites