“Great first hostel experience”
Review of Holiday Jones

Holiday Jones
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I wanna start by saying from the moment I walked in, Teal (I think that was her name) at the front desk made me feel more than welcomed. She gave me so much information and seemed interested in talking and not just "doing her job." This was my first ever experience at a hostel and I always hear the horror stories but the whole building was clean (rooms, bathroom, common areas). I stayed for two nights in a 3 bedroom female dorm and one night it was me and another girl (we actually spent the whole day touring the city together)..my last night it was just me in the room. I never had to wait for the bathroom and I never felt worried about other guest taking my things. The hostel is located in a great neighborhood and right by transit to take you to all the popular places. The only reason I am giving it 4 stars instead of five are issues that are not really huge deal; they are in the middle of making a "coffee bar/shop" in the lobby and the workers didn't care if you were asking for help or checking in, they kept drilling really loud and me and the agent had to basically yell at each other...also, when I checked out it was 4am and I needed to take a taxi since I was running a little late, it was freezing outside and the guy who came up to check me out wouldn't call me a taxi, he said it was better to go outside and hail one, which I would agree with if it wasn't so early in the morning. I waited 35 min for a taxi and finally got a number from google and called one myself. For the price, cleanliness and friendly front desk, I would stay here again and would suggest it to everyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank RoniAnnette
There are newer reviews for Holiday Jones

Reviewed April 12, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed there in a private room. The kitchen, bathroom and other facilities were fantastic. The staff were so nice. The beds are really comfortable. The location is close to great food and shopping. All the rooms are modernly renovated and the hostel has a really cool and modern vibe but you can tell its old and has history too. Highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Isabat
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed there with a group of friends for 4 days/3 nights. The staff were immensely friendly and the building had a really cool vibe. Obviously, as with most hostels, the majority of the people there were young. I didn't actually meet anyone new because my friends and I filled a dorm room by ourselves and we were in Chicago most of the day, but the few people I bumped into were all friendly.

Can't beat the price. The location is also great because it's only a 10minute walk from one of the train stops, which takes you straight into downtown chicago. We had an amazing time.

I guess my only complaint would be that the room wasn't cleaned properly when we arrived -- my friend and I were both given very.. hairy looking towels, and the bathroom (read: toilet) was gross (read: some kind of explosion, non-literal), but after grabbing the cleaning lady she fixed it up for us in ten minutes which was appreciated.

Would definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank K3ro
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Ok, so my first stay at a hostel was here. Everything was exactly like described on their website. I stayed at the Division St location. Bathrooms were clean. I had my own room, which was really small, but considering what a deal it is, I did not mind.

Room Tip: WARNING: Do not put food in the fridge unless you can do without it. I put a pack of 18 eggs in the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed in Holiday Jones with my sister for 3 nights a fortnight ago and I've literally nothing negative to say about my stay. The staff were lovely. The location was great with lots of bars and restaurants to go to and also a subway and it was only about 2 miles walk to Downtown. On check-in, they gave us an area map with recommended shops, bars and restaurants in the locale on it which proved very useful. We had a private room with our own bathroom which was spotless and warm and dry. Breakfast was included in the cost with bagels and cereal on offer which was very welcome. The rec room had a TV with lots of channels and a PC and the complimentary WiFi signal was great. It was also very secure insofar as a keycard was required to gain entry to the building.

I really cannot say enough good things about this place and would implore anyone who is travelling to Chicago to seriously consider this place.

10/10

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michelle Q
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Stayed here with 5 friends, had our own room with bathroom! What a time we had, really near everything, food, drink, clubs, subway to centre. Have already recommended friends to stay here.
Really friendly staff, loved it !

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Very clean new hostel in a great area right near very cool suburb outside downtown Chicago. Staff all very helpful and friendly. Bathrooms and communal spaces all nice. Kitchen very well equipped. Breakfast is basic but satisfying, bagels , spreads and cereals. Washing facilities for laundry and also near laundromat. Perfect for all public transport to get anywhere. Still looks a bit sparse inside because it is so new but this is certainly not a problem!

• Stayed: January 2014