“One for Chef Ramsay to Visit”

La Cantina Italian Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
La Cantina Italian Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,076 of 9,712 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Clark and Dearborn
Transit: Blue line and red line trains. Clark bus #22
Reviewed June 6, 2010

ate here on a thursday night and the place was quite empty. problem is, you can't tell until you enter as its downstairs. the missus had veal parmigiana which was okay at best, and i had the chicken marsala which was, without question, the blandest meal i have ever eaten in an italian restaurant. it was just a plate of two chicken breasts, absolutely covered in mushrooms. i happened to be really hungry but i didn't even eat half of it because it was so dull and flavourless.

1  Thank bagg10
There are newer reviews for La Cantina Italian Chophouse

Reviewed June 1, 2009

I took my wife there for her birthday, and was rather disappointed. The service was very slow, and the food was mediocre. It was not a very special birthday meal at all. In fact I had to apologize to my wife for not taking her somewhere better. I don’t think that I will be going back.

1  Thank tshissler
Reviewed October 5, 2008

Went to this restaurant before going to the theater. The waitress asked us up front if we were going to a play so we could get to the curtain in time. The food was average, but the prices were relatively inexpensive by Chicago standards. They even brought my daughter a piece of cake for her 21st birthday

1  Thank bambam26
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 18, 2008

FABULOUS!!! old skool italian chicago style-- dark & affordable...

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed December 4, 2007

Went with my husband.
He ordered lasagne and I chose mushroom risotto.
Great if you like boiled rice and mushrooms.
It was dry and tasteless.
When I complained to the waiter he said he doesn't recommend risotto to UK visitors or those who have visited Italy! The American risotto is not the same!!!!!!!!!!
Show your passport!