“Great location to go the majestic”

La Cantina Italian Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
La Cantina Italian Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,323 of 9,525 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Cross street: Clark and Dearborn
Transit: Blue line and red line trains. Clark bus #22
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great location to go the majestic”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Food was good , staff very nice tables are very small! They got us in and out in time for the play . Much better restaurants but if you are going to the theatre this good

• Visited December 2012

“Olive garden is better!,”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Went here on a romantic date night. We had reservations but still had to sit in the hallway before the main dining room. The food was bland and not very good. I would have rather eaten at olive garden. I will not be coming back.

BoyneCity, MI
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I'm not a big fan to dine alone but on business trips I have no choice. My one night for a wonderful meal means a lot to me when I visit Chicago so I choose very carefully. I wanted to stay near my hotel and this was right around the corner and sounded interesting, Italian Village Restaurants. Upon entering the building in the lobby there was a lighted showcase of the menus for a selection of three places to dine within. From my take a casual pizza fare, a mediocre price point serving dinners, and one that was more exclusive. I picked the middle of the selection called La Cantina. As I was being seated I passed through a hallway which gave me the feel of a little Italy. I snapped a picture but it didn't turn out. My server came immediately with a menu and water. I wasn't sure which beer on tap would please my palate so he graciously brought me both to sample, Stella beer 5.50 it was. A good choice, I had never tasted it before and was very light just how I like it. Now for my entree, a hard choice it all sounded so good. I selected the seafood ravioli (tort del mar $17.95) with their soup as a start. The soup was a tomato base minestrone very good as was the warm fresh baked mini bread loaf. I dipped it in olive oil that was a staple to each table. Omg I made such a great choice, I was happy happy and hadn't even seen the entree yet. The entree was Fabulous need I say anymore. I couldn't finish it so I took it back with me to nibble on it in my hotel room. I would highly recommend this wonderful place. My waiter Jose M was great too.

• Visited August 2012
Raynham, Massachusetts
“Good food.”
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

We weren't looking for a high end restaurant and this one isn't. It's an average Italian place with very good food and service. It's one of the three Italian Village restaurants and this one is actually in the basement. Ambiance is dated. Good dinner but would look elsewhere next time.

manchester
“One for Chef Ramsay to Visit”
Reviewed June 6, 2010

ate here on a thursday night and the place was quite empty. problem is, you can't tell until you enter as its downstairs. the missus had veal parmigiana which was okay at best, and i had the chicken marsala which was, without question, the blandest meal i have ever eaten in an italian restaurant. it was just a plate of two chicken breasts, absolutely covered in mushrooms. i happened to be really hungry but i didn't even eat half of it because it was so dull and flavourless.

1 Thank bagg10