“Crowded and fun”
Review of Fado

Fado
Reserve with OpenTable
Fado is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #185 of 9,602 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Transit: We are 2 blocks west on Grand from the Grand Red Line stop and 6 blocks north on Clark from the Clark and Lake El stop.
Description: Fado is an excellent choice for pub favorites and fresh, from-scratch seasonal specials that will reset your expectations of food in an Irish pub. We're currently featuring new seasonal craft beers and housemade cocktails along with a new Snack menu designed for groups looking to share.
Connecticut
“Crowded and fun”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I was there early Friday night on the marathon weekend. Jam-packed, noisy. I liked that. Crowds cheering football games on all floors of the place. The monte cristo sandwich I ate was average, and so were the hors d'ouvres my companions ordered. But I doubt most people go there for the food. Go on a weekend for the beer and atmosphere and to meet people. I downrated the place on service, but it was so crowded I'm sure they did their best.

• Visited October 2013

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
“Good Food but noisy”
Reviewed November 15, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food was really good but we found ourselves yelling to talk to one another because the music was so loud. It wasn't happy hour either lol.

Visited August 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“Authentic Irish Bar with Great Bartenders and Food”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is one of my favorite places. There is always a good mix of people and plenty of fun events throughout the week, such as weekly trivia and special bands. The food is also great. They just revamped their menu, and added a lot more variety. Be sure to try the Shepherd's pie or the Chicken Quesadillas. They also have a great happy hour menu.

Visited October 2013
Indy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Real Deal for All Things Irish!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Mick the bartender from Dublin greeted us warmly by asking our names and called us that through the whole visit. He ran through the whole menu and highlighted many things. We had Lamb Slider app, fish and chips for me, Reuben for my wife. All three were excellent and these were honestly the best fish n chips I've EVER had anywhere! Great beers and Bloody Mary's to was it all down! So Irish I think we were the only non Irish immigrants in the place! Can't wait to go back!
Thanks Mick!

• Visited October 2013
Thank Indy Murph...
Geneva, Illinois
“Guinness”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

A great pour and great Irish food. The service is excellent and the interior is very warm and inviting.

Visited September 2013