“Great Dogs - Truly Chicago”

Gold Coast Dogs N Wabash Ave
Ranked #2,800 of 9,717 Restaurants in Chicago
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Downtown / The Loop
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Great price on good food. Do not miss this while in Chicago for an authentic experience. I work in Chicago often and if anyone is with me I always take them here because it is a Chicago dog made right. The jalapenos are optional.

There are newer reviews for Gold Coast Dogs N Wabash Ave

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Our tour guide at Millenium Park recommended this place to try a Chicago-style hot dog, not too far to walk if you're visiting the park. The frankfurter came on the poppy seed bun with all the toppings, glad we made the effort to try one on our visit.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Being from NY, eating a Chicago Dog was a must on our trip to Chicago. The Restaurant itself features a your typical walk up counter, and self seating. The place is as spartan as you would expect any fast food joint to be. The line moved fast and we ordered: A Gold Coast Char Dog, a Gold Coast Char Polish sausage, and a Chili Cheese Dog for my wife. The food was ready quickly, and was reasonably priced. We sat at a window based counter facing out to the street to eat our dogs. The concoction known as a Chicago Dog is an odd one: A natural casing hot dog on a poppy seed bun, with mustard, onions, neon green relish, tomatoes, celery salt, those little fingertip hot peppers topped off with a pickle slice makes no sense. It should not work. But it does and it is glorious. Gold Coast makes 'em right. Both my dog and polish sausage tasted great, and I had a bite of my Wife's chili cheese dog which was also very good. The place is dumpy, but the food is fast and good. I liked it so much, that a few days later I grabbed two dogs at their airport location just before the flight out. The next time I am in Chicago, I will definitely be eating at Gold Coast.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Convenient location, but expect no atmosphere at all. Just a tiny walk up counter and slightly high....but....the char dog is incredible! I'm a picky eater so I ordered mine mustard only but this dog was the bomb! Flavorful yet simple. In the middle of everything, so it was fun to just walk the street, take in the city, and enjoy my dog.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

After a long day my friend offered to walk from our hotel to get us some Chicago Dogs at Gold Cost Dogs. She had forgotten to ask me if I wanted steamed or charred so she got one of each. Both of the dogs were good, all the right toppings and just the right amount of celery salt. She got herself a dog and a tamale which is where it went horribly wrong. The tamale was a pre made gas station type thing that they just threw in the microwave, they didn't even take it out of the plastic wrap. When you order don't stray too far from what the name implies, Gold Coast DOGS.