“A different breakfast at a good price.”
Review of L'Appetito

L'Appetito
Ranked #1,691 of 9,602 Restaurants in Chicago
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Near North Side
Florida
“A different breakfast at a good price.”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

L'appetito is a great alternative if you want to have breakfast but had enough of eggs. Italian style breakfast with very good panini, pastries and coffee.

They also sell Italian deli, and the prices are shockingly great at least for me coming from South Florida.

This location is smaller than the other one on Michigan, so lines are shorter. They offer the same stuff as the larger store, which is good.

Good quality, great prices and a good coffee. Who needs Starbucks?

Visited November 2013

Walled Lake, Michigan, USA
“Worst service , worst coffee and food !”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

It was the only place open real early by us so I figured I can have a real light breakfast food is so salty even the panini bread was salt, my coffee tasted like mud and when I asked for a little hot water for the coffee to delute the waitress was so annoyed. The only good thing about the place was the location but I wouldn't ever come back

• Visited July 2013
Saint Joseph, Michigan
“Excellent Italian gelato!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I'm Italian, so rather picky when it comes to 'gelato' - this place was a great surprise and delight! We were looking for a place to eat a dessert and initially wanted to go to the Cheesecake Factory - but it was terribly noisy and crowded, plus the desserts on display looked quite heavy :(. So we left and what do we see in a quiet corner (literally) of the same court? This nice Italian place :). They have all sorts of genuinely Italian imports and they have plenty of typical Italian pastries (breakfast with espresso or cappuccino and a pastry is a sacred rite, in Italy), good pizza and other savoury dishes to eat cafeteria-style, but above all.. a great gelato. The flavours are the same you would find in Italy (including tiramisu or gianduia, a luscious hazelnut chocolate). It made my evening!

• Visited June 2013
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Where to Eat? Ask the Locals!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were staying at the Allerton hotel down the block and went into Walgreen's about a block away. I asked the cashier where was good to eat and close by and she recommended this little gem L'Appetito. I had my daughter with me and it was very close to our hotel right under the John Hancock building. We originally were going to walk to Graham on State.
When you walk in you are hit with the smells of espresso and breakfast. The prices were amazing! The lattes were much less expensive than Starbucks. For $5.00 we had sausage, perfectly scrambled eggs, and American fries. The gentleman that helped me had a thick accent so I wasn't sure what he was asking me at all times but we had the common language of food. The seating was tight and we were right next to the gellato case. My daughter struck up a conversation with the cashier and had a few samples. There was a wide selection of specialty foods and drinks as well as baked goods.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank tinkmom2
Edmond, OK
“Local Bistro for Very Casual, Inexpensive Dining”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This little, casual bistro is right below street level, at the foot of the John Hancock building on Michigan Avenue. Next door is Jamba Juice. The food is delicious and very inexpensive. I had been there before and was pleased to see the quality and price is still great. My son and I both had the mozzarella, tomato and mushroom panini. It was $5.00 and was delicious. I also had the black bean and rice soup since it was a very cold day. They serve a variety of italian food: pasta, pizza, sandwiches, along with gelato, wines, etc. You aren't waited on but stand in line to order, but they are very quick. You can eat there, or get food to go.

Visited February 2013