“Convenient location, friendly staff”

AC Hotel Chicago Downtown
Ranked #61 of 192 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Great location! From check-in to check-out and the stay in between, the staff was very friendly, helpful and responsive. It's def. a hotel with all the amenities that you need. I appreciate esp. the help from Francis, the Guest Services Agent/Concierge who was provided me with some great recommendations for local restaurants and directions. Thanks also for furnishing my requests for the type of room I needed. I'll be back in Chicago and when I do, my choice for a downtown hotel will be the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago! Definitely recommend!

Room Tip: Be forewarned, as with all downtown hotels, that there will be some noise from the streets outside...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
fourpointschicago, General Manager at AC Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Dear sooperhockeygirl,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience as a guest of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. We are delighted you chose our hotel for your stay and thank you very much for your kind comments regarding our friendly, helpful and responsive staff. We look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago.
maryorlando@fourpointschicago.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,573)

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Lots of room...the 2 bed rooms have a pull out sofa, 2 very comfy beds, a microwave & fridge...roomy bathroom and great tv. Free wifi was a plus. The pool area was cool...on the fifth floor with a glass ceiling and adjoining courtyard. Best thing besides the awesome location was the staff! Uber friendly and helpful every step of the way!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank flizzer
fourpointschicago, General Manager at AC Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear flizzer,
Thank you very much for your "Awesome" comments regarding your recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. We appreciate your wonderful remarks regarding our accommodations and staff. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago. Thank you very much for being our guest!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stay at this hotel in Chicago often. It's always predictably a good hotel. But this time, the service at the desk and cleaning departments really stepped it up. The front desk gentlemen recommended excellent restaurants every time I asked and seemed genuinely pleased to hear that I enjoyed his recommendations. The cleaning staff was superb! The room was sparkling and she even left me several bottle waters (getting free water in Chicago is not the norm).

Very pleased with this stay and will certainly be there again soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
fourpointschicago, General Manager at AC Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear Todd P,
Thank you very much for being a guest of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased to hear you experienced "Great Service" from our associates and will had "Superb" cleaning service from our Housekeeping associates. We hope to see you again soon when your travels bring you back to downtown Chicago.Thank you for your wonderful comments.

Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Most recent visit: Feb 8-11, 2014. I have taken my winter excursions to Chicago every year, since 1992. Mostly to have fun in the frozen urban tundra. Im from Florida & dont get too many season changes down here. I've stayed at aLOT of dwtn hotels near Michigan Ave. For the last 2 yrs, I chose this hotel. Not only for it's amazing location, very nice rooms & very reasonable prices, but for the kindness & comfort the whole staff gives me :-) From the doormen, Phillip & Dante, that always greet you w/ a smile & always there to hail a cab (really like Nana, he's funny & very nice), to the very welcoming & most accomodating front desk staff, Sedalia & Francis, who were SO friendly to me & were there for me whenever I needed them. I will not stay in any other hotel in Chicago ever again, as I have found the "Crown Jewel" of dwtn hotels here at the Four Points by Sheraton Dwtn Chicago on Rush St :-) A+++ for EVERYTHING :-) See you all next Feb, if not sooner! I would highly recommended this hotel to anyone :-)

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank AJones1969

Dear AJones,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience as a guest of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago. We are delighted you chose our hotel for your stay in Chicago and very pleased to hear you received, "Excellent Customer Service" from our associates. Thank you for being our guest and your kind remarks regarding Phillip, Dante, Sedalia and Francis. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Please contact me directly for reservation assistance.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed for the night. Our first room had a great view of the Chicago river. We had a crying baby in the next room so we switched to the other side of the hall and had a view of the construction. The bedding was nice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
fourpointschicago, General Manager at AC Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear Derek S,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience as our guest of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the accommodations and were changed to a quieter room. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Chicago. Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We came to Chicago on relatively short notice and were lucky to find a groupon for a room. We had only been to Chicago once before and stayed at the Best Western Hawthorne. That was a fabulous hotel, but was a little pricey.

The groupon made the price for the Sheraton quite reasonable. We got a king bed which was fairly comfortable. Our room overlooked a patio and the indoor pool. Not a great view, but we really didn't spend much time in our room. We were also at the very end of the hall. We joked about needing a bus to get there, but it was quiet which is great. It would have been nice if there was a chair in the room other than the desk chair. The room and bathroom were both very clean, with a microwave, mini fridge, and coffee pot. Coffee was also available for free in the lobby each morning. The location of the Sheraton was great! Located amidst shopping and restaurants, with plenty of transportation options. We used public buses most of the time, despite the subzero temps. (Silly us!)

We opted in to their Green Choice program- where you opt out of housekeeping. We thought that that meant we kept our sheets and towels, but it turns out it means you opt OUT of ALL services- cleaning, coffee and bath amenities/refills. In other words, no one enters your room at all. The card they provide doesn't explain all of that. It wasn't until I looked on their website that I saw what was included. The web also explained how you could partially opt out- with just towels and sheets. It was a bit convoluted... Do this, do that, put the card here not there... Anyhow, it seems to me the're getting a lot more out of it than the $5 card they provide. And where exactly do you cash that in? I would definitely look more carefully on what going green means.

The staff was friendly and helpful, providing directions, transit info, and extra coffee for our room (when we realized we wouldn't get any). Would I stay here again? Not without a groupon. But then again, I'm not sure we will be back this way again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Beth B
fourpointschicago, General Manager at AC Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Dear Beth B,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent visit at the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago on Trip Advisor. We are pleased you chose our hotel for you visit to Chicago and appreciate your kind comments regarding our helpful and friendly staff and great location. We hope to see you again if you return to downtown Chicago. Please contact me directly for reservation assistance.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

I liked this hotel. The location is great, just one block from the Magnificent Mile and within easy walking distance to the subway. Room was spacious, clean and nicely furnished. They have a microwave and the coffee-maker in the room, which is good. What's more, you can decline the room service and get either a 5 dollar discount coupon for use in their restaurants or bonus points on your Preferred Guest account. Staff was friendly and helpful. Overall a great value for money.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Dog_in_the_fog
fourpointschicago, General Manager at AC Hotel Chicago Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Dog_in_the_fog,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience as a guest of the Four Points by Sheraton Chicago Downtown. We are delighted you chose our hotel for your trip to Chicago and happy to hear you enjoyed our great location. Thank you also for the wonderful comments regarding our friendly and helpful staff. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to downtown Chicago.